[emoji907]Horseshoe Bay Beach question![emoji907]

Lau92080

Hello!

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the beach? I haven’t been back to Bermuda since 2015, (my family and I are going back in July) and have heard they changed a lot, like “ heart attack hill” is now wooden steps? Just going by hear say. Could be totally wrong![emoji38]

Would love to see the changes before I go.

I was pregnant in 2015 when we went, with my son, and can’t wait to have him play on the beautiful beach this time![emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were modifications made to the “heart attack hill” which is now a walkway with wooden path and steps. That is really the only change I noticed. I believe this and other upgrades to Bermuda beaches were made for the America’s Cup festivities of 2017.

...not sure how much the beach itself would ever change, but IMHO be sure to walk west (left as you face the water) and get away from the most popular part of the beach! You will find beautiful coves and smaller beaches all the way to Warwick Long Bay.,,,a mile or less from Horseshoe Bay. Go all the way, or part way as there are plenty for great spots! When you can't walk along the water's edge due to rocks/cliffs, just follow the sandy paths. Jobson's Cove is awesome! Drop some crumbs in the water and little fish will come from nowhere! We also saw 3 gorgeous blue parrot fish there.

The mini van to and from the Dockyards is an excellent choice at $7pp each way. We also took water and snacks from the ship...thankfully, because the line at the beach's snack bar was loooong!

ALWAYS use caution where ever the surf is up!