Easiest beach to get to from dockyard?

btobey

We will be in Bermuda for three days the week of June 17th. While we prefer to do more general sight-seeing than a beach day, I would still like to check out at least one pretty beach--take some photos, put my feet in the water, etc.

Which beach is most accessible from the dockyard? I would love to be able to walk to one, but I don't think there are any nearby, so I'd be interested in what's easiest to get to via public transportation. If we decide to head to St. George's and/or Hamilton (on the ferries), are there beaches within walking distance from either of those locations?

The closest beach would be Snorkel Park beach; you can walk to it from the cruise ship but there is an entry fee, it is man made, and you won't get pink sand between your toes. The most beautiful and most popular beach is Horseshoe Bay Beach. Public transportation is available, but there is long walk from the bus stop. There is a mini-bus service which will take you 'door to door' for a fare of $7p/p.

There are no beaches within walking distance of Hamilton. There are 3 beaches that can be walked to near St George's. Walking time is about 20 minutes, but there are taxis available for a vary short ride. The beaches are Tobacco Bay, Achilles Bay Beach, and St Catherine Beach.

SBtS

There is a shuttle from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. That would be the best. Snorkel Park is in the Dockyard, but it really isn't the best example of a Bermuda beach.

Thanks! Does the shuttle go both ways? Does it run pretty regularly?

We will be in Bermuda for three days the week of June 17th. While we prefer to do more general sight-seeing than a beach day, I would still like to check out at least one pretty beach--take some photos, put my feet in the water, etc.

Which beach is most accessible from the dockyard? I would love to be able to walk to one, but I don't think there are any nearby, so I'd be interested in what's easiest to get to via public transportation. If we decide to head to St. George's and/or Hamilton (on the ferries), are there beaches within walking distance from either of those locations?

We are on the same cruise as you. From prior visits to Bermuda, I highly recommend the beach trail walk from Warwick Long Bay Beach to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The trail passes several beautiful coves along the way with perfect photo opportunities from a great vantage point and you can also enter the water at any of the coves/beaches.

We will be doing this again on one of the first 2 days (Wed. 6/20 or Thur. 6/21) as it is a must see in Bermuda.

Harry

https://www.gotobermuda.com/article/bermudas-favourite-beach-walks

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147261-i422-k9459637-Walking_from_Warwick_Beach_to_Horseshoe_Bay_Beach-Southampton_Parish_Bermuda.html

Will the mini-bus service which will take you 'door to door' for a fare of $7 drop you off at Warwick Long Bay/ Jobson's Cove if we request that or do we have to take the #7 bus from the Dockyard?

Will the mini-bus service which will take you 'door to door' for a fare of $7 drop you off at Warwick Long Bay/ Jobson's Cove if we request that or do we have to take the #7 bus from the Dockyard?

You would have to request that the mini-bus drop you off at WLB. The public bus is an option but it would leave you a short walk from the bus stop to the beach.

SBtS

We are on the same cruise as you. From prior visits to Bermuda, I highly recommend the beach trail walk from Warwick Long Bay Beach to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The trail passes several beautiful coves along the way with perfect photo opportunities from a great vantage point and you can also enter the water at any of the coves/beaches.

We will be doing this again on one of the first 2 days (Wed. 6/20 or Thur. 6/21) as it is a must see in Bermuda.

Harry

Thanks Harry--this definitely sounds good! I went to Horseshoe Bay years ago on a cruise with my family, but I don't think we walked the trails, and DH has never been there at all.

Thanks Harry--this definitely sounds good! I went to Horseshoe Bay years ago on a cruise with my family, but I don't think we walked the trails, and DH has never been there at all.

As stated by others your best bet is the shuttles for 7$/pp. they are really just vans who will transport you right from outside the cruise ship to the new parking area near the concession stand which is a short walk to the beach....Looking at the water of Horseshoe bay beach walk left and you will encounter several giant size boulders and small coves which are perfect for picture taking some beautiful views..You wont even have to walk far to see what so many people enjoy

As stated by others your best bet is the shuttles for 7$/pp. they are really just vans who will transport you right from outside the cruise ship to the new parking area near the concession stand which is a short walk to the beach....Looking at the water of Horseshoe bay beach walk left and you will encounter several giant size boulders and small coves which are perfect for picture taking some beautiful views..You wont even have to walk far to see what so many people enjoy

Thanks! Yes the shuttle definitely sounds like the way to go--I just want to make sure that it's easy to get one from the dockyard and on the way back (beach to ship) as well.

$7pp? But NCL is trying to sell us an excursion for $45 pp for basically the same thing?!?
To clarify, it's $7 pp Each Way - $14 pp round trip, but still way cheaper than going thru the cruise line. :-)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Those beaches are gorgeous!! If we wanted to do this walk from Warwick, how would we get there from the dockyard? Would there be shuttles as well? Are these shuttles well labelled? I guess I can't get too lost being on an island. ;p I'm thinking start in Warwick, walk and end at the Horseshoe Bay where we rent a few chairs and relax :)

Harry

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147261-i422-k9459637-Walking_from_Warwick_Beach_to_Horseshoe_Bay_Beach-Southampton_Parish_Bermuda.html

Those beaches are gorgeous!! If we wanted to do this walk from Warwick, how would we get there from the dockyard? Would there be shuttles as well? Are these shuttles well labelled? I guess I can't get too lost being on an island. ;p I'm thinking start in Warwick, walk and end at the Horseshoe Bay where we rent a few chairs and relax :)

You can get there by a route #7 public bus, a taxi, or you could ask a mini-bus driver to drop you there. If you take the public bus, tell the driver to drop you at the stop closest to access road to Warwick Beach. The mini-buses (shuttles) are found in Zone 5 of the Transportation Zone. You should look for the sign below:

15ea629d9c1f9619f1cadf21352cfe02.jpg

originally posted by member Charles4515

SBtS

You do not need to look for the sign. When we were there, several people were asking what you needed. And if minibus to Horseshoe, they would point you to the next minibus in line.

I highly recommend the beach trail walk from Warwick Long Bay Beach to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The trail passes several beautiful coves along the way with perfect photo opportunities from a great vantage point and you can also enter the water at any of the coves/beaches.

We will be doing this again ... ... as it is a must see in Bermuda.

Harry

Thanks for this info, I’m there in December and this walk looks ideal for us :)

There is a shuttle from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. That would be the best. Snorkel Park is in the Dockyard, but it really isn't the best example of a Bermuda beach.

How much is that shuttle from the dockyard to horseshoe beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums