Princess cruise questions.

Scorpio41

We are going on the Sapphire princess and have some questions.

Is there a wine package? For the evening dinner.

Is there a Stilton / cheese option instead of desert?

What is available on the breakfast memu? Is there a sit down MDR breakfast?

There will be more questions, just a few for now.

There is a wine package, or a drinks package if you want more than just wine.

There is usually a cheese option, (I am not sure if it was every night)

The MDR is open for breakfast as is the buffet. It will offer cereals, pastries, eggs (pretty much any way you could want them) together with the usual accompaniments, bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, tomato. French toast, coffee tea, juice.

May be better if you asked about anything in particular you were after.

But also if it’s not on the menu ask, they will try and accommodate you.

I often just fancy natural yoghurt and a banana or toast and marmalade. Plus a strong coffee to wake me up.

The drinks package from what I’ve read will more than we could ever drink.

We do however drink a bottle of wine a night. What does the wine package cost?

Is there a selection of American wines?

I often just fancy natural yoghurt and a banana or toast and marmalade. Plus a strong coffee to wake me up.

The drinks package from what I’ve read will more than we could ever drink.

We do however drink a bottle of wine a night. What does the wine package cost?

Is there a selection of American wines?

You’ll be able to get Yoghurt, toast, jams (including marmalade) and of course coffee.

Can’t help you further with the wine package or what they’ll have on offer, also if you don’t finish a bottle they will store it for you.

You’ll be able to get Yoghurt, toast, jams (including marmalade) and of course coffee.

Can’t help you further with the wine package or what they’ll have on offer, also if you don’t finish a bottle they will store it for you.

A bottle has never defeated us yet.:D

They have toast marmalade and sliced banana available for breakfast. :)

I know that there is plain yoghurt, not sure about natural.:confused:

The plain one has added sugar. :(

Natural yoghurt isn’t sweet, maybe they have Greek yoghurt which is the same a natural?

There are two wine packages one for seven bottles and the other for 10 . Good value for a two week cruise and you can use your card in other bars eg we used in the Elite lounge and they keep it for you . The cheese option in MDR is the same everyday however if you ask your waiter they will get you alternatives. Breakfast is what you want it to be best options are in the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a wine package? For the evening dinner. Wine only package...yes. Cost? Did you check the Personalizer, it might be there. If it's not there, you can probably only order on the ship.

Is there a Stilton / cheese option instead of dessert? Cheese and fruit with a couple of pieces of walnut (?) bread. The cheese includes brie, not sure what the other 2 are called. I order it a lot.

What is available on the breakfast menu? Breakfast in the MDR and the buffet vary everyday. If you do a search for menus, you might find some pictures of a breakfast menu. You can also order breakfast from room service. The order card will be in your cabin at some point. Just check what you want and hang it on your door when you go to bed. Some have had good results by ordering some items that aren't on the card.

Always a good idea to check the Princess website. Many questions are answered there.

Also, if your cruise is in the Orient, there will be many choices for food that's popular there.

Breakfast menu in the MDR has the left side fixed that you will see every day and allows you to assemble what you want. The right side of the menu changes every day and offers two fixed choices but like everything on Princess you can ask for substitutes or additions. I think the MDR breakfast is a lot better than anything in the HC.

They sell two wine packages. On the day you board they will set up tables in several locations that will offer the wine packages, unlimited soda & more package and the all encompassing premier beverage package (PBP). Unless you hide in your stateroom, you will easily be able to find them. The tables will only be there right after you board.

There are silver and gold wine packages and as stated available to buy on board. The sliver (bin 2 years since we cruised) was for any wine up to $30 gold was higher nut we only used silver. Worked out bottle cost about $24 each. We bought the 12 bottle package. On embarkation we always use main dining room for lunch so asked our waiter then about the package. There is something on these boards if you search the correct price

Wine packages are generally only offered on cruises 10 days or longer.

As of last March on the Caribbean Princess there was a Silver and a Gold Package and either one was available for 7, 10 or 12 bottles.

The Silver Package was good for any bottle priced up to and including $31. The Gold Package limit was $45.

One other option is to order a bottle that exceeds the price limit. You will see a charge on your folio for the full price of the bottle and then a credit for $45 or $31. We find ourselves doing this fairly often.

Cheers!! :wine-glass::wine-glass:

There is a cheese option for dessert. It is brie and another cheese with grapes. I have seen Stilton only in the Platinum and Elite cocktail hours and then only once or twice a sailing. You may be able to ask for it. I just order the cheese plate

I’ve never had one on Princess.

Thank you.

I've just read the other question about formal nights and it looks a lot more relaxed than some other cruise lines.

I'm looking forward to cruising with other nationalities and trying out a new to us cruise line. I have joined the roll call but the meet and greet seems to be all American and I think I would feel a little out of place,

Hi,just to add,with the wine packages you have to get your bottle in a dining room.They won't serve you with one at the bars.I drink my wine before dinner,so I had to go in the trad DR and order at the podium every night.They soon got used to me after a while and the process got quicker,cheers,Brian.

I'm looking forward to cruising with other nationalities and trying out a new to us cruise line. I have joined the roll call but the meet and greet seems to be all American and I think I would feel a little out of place,

Why would you feel out of place. I have been to a few meet and greets and I think just about all were all Americans except us. Very friendly people I have found (no different to UK and Aussie cruisers) and if I were you I'd go along.

Thank you.

I've just read the other question about formal nights and it looks a lot more relaxed than some other cruise lines.

From experience I can tell you that formal nights on American cruise lines are much less "formal" than on British lines (eg P&O). A dark suit and tie is the norm for men, rather than tuxedos/dinner suits. Women wear cocktail/smart dresses or trousers with a dressy top. Not everyone dresses up.

Thank you.

I'm also going to say go along. I've done a few meets and greets and never felt out of place. I always find it's a great place to meet and talk to faces you will no doubt see and talk to for the rest of your cruise.

The roll call for ours is the worst I have ever seen on Princess. so few no one has mentioned a M&G.

Pity but that's the way it is.

So go along and enjoy yours.

As far as dress code goes, yes it can be more casual but I have found when a ship sails from the UK the dress code level is nearer to that of P&O on formal nights. I've seen it on both Princess and Royal Caribbean.

We Brits do like to dress up more than our cousins across the pond.

I had to smile to myself on our first cruise which was around the Caribbean. When we dress for dinner it's Always smart, formal or casual alike and we stay dressed in the same outfit. On formal night we saw a lot that would dress for night and then change in to tracksuits and like... our thoughts WHY?

so my advise go along the meet and greet, put faces to the i'ds. And if you like to dress for dinner like you would on P&O then do so you will not be alone.

Enjoy your cruise

Jules

I have joined the roll call but the meet and greet seems to be all American and I think I would feel a little out of place,

We Americans don't bite. Much.

Seriously, we were in the UK last summer and never felt out of place; we just talked funny and looked the wrong way at street crossings.. C'mon in, the water's fine!

We Americans don't bite. Much.

Seriously, we were in the UK last summer and never felt out of place; we just talked funny and looked the wrong way at street crossings.. C'mon in, the water's fine!

I will, if I get bitten I’ll blame you. :D

Thank you.

Don't be afraid of the colonists from across the pond as we are all friendly. We may murder the Queen's English and perhaps be a bit laid back but you no doubt can tolerate us. Please come as we enjoy pax from the mother country and our down under friends as well.

Hi,just to add,with the wine packages you have to get your bottle in a dining room.They won't serve you with one at the bars.I drink my wine before dinner,so I had to go in the trad DR and order at the podium every night.They soon got used to me after a while and the process got quicker,cheers,Brian.

If the ship has a Vines on the plaza deck, that is the best place to buy a bottle of wine. You can take it anywhere on the ship to drink the delicious nectar of the gods.