Drink Containers

sewist2000

The bars will fill any container you bring within reason. The soda package does come with a plastic insulated glass with lid and straw but feel free to bring your own. I usually bring a steel insulated cup, lid and straw and have had no problem getting it filled. It holds the drinks longer than the plastic one they provide.

DH and I were on the Star Princess this April, and wanted "soda only" packages. We were told those were not available any more; you had to get the "soda and more" package. OK, OK, sign us up... so stickers were put on our cruise cards. The transaction appeared to be over. We said, don't we get those cups with lids, since we bought the package? (As we have been given all the other times we bought the package.) The bartender said that Princess is doing away with those cups, but she did happen to have a few under the counter (this was at the bar next to the International Cafe) and gave two to us. So... folks might want to bring their own storage/keep-cold containers from home, in the future. FWIW.

DH and I were on the Star Princess this April, and wanted "soda only" packages. We were told those were not available any more; you had to get the "soda and more" package. OK, OK, sign us up... so stickers were put on our cruise cards. The transaction appeared to be over. We said, don't we get those cups with lids, since we bought the package? (As we have been given all the other times we bought the package.) The bartender said that Princess is doing away with those cups, but she did happen to have a few under the counter (this was at the bar next to the International Cafe) and gave two to us. So... folks might want to bring their own storage/keep-cold containers from home, in the future. FWIW.

We've heard that story too, but they always seem to have some cups available if you ask. We got one on each leg of our B2B, again by asking each time.

We always travel with two YETI mugs with handles. Not only are they great for water and soft drinks... but also morning coffee. And, with the handles, in the morning I can head back to the stateroom carrying two cups in one hand and still have the other free for a plate of fruit or croissants to enjoy on the balcony. Handled insulated mugs are on our “must have” packing list!

Does Princess still use the Coca Cola drink containers? I have one from a few years ago and want to use it for water. It keeps it cold.

I binned those plastic tumblers mine a few years ago. Worthless. I was told they contained cancer causing BPA, PFOA.

Now I bring a couple of 30 oz. double insulated stainless steel drink tumblers.

Have one filled with ice water. The other used for soda.

Bartenders have no issue filling it up with soda.

Once I filled up one tumbler with the Art Auction free bubbly. Had a buzz for the rest of the day. ;)

Happy cruising.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947