Drink Packages

goofy810

Doubt it. THe level of alcohol consumption is much lower on DCL than on the other lines we've cruised. Perhaps that is because people are paying "per drink" or "per bottle" rather than on a package. I suspect DCL doen't offer packages for a specific reason--like they don't want the same reputation as some other lines.

Doubt it. THe level of alcohol consumption is much lower on DCL than on the other lines we've cruised. Perhaps that is because people are paying "per drink" or "per bottle" rather than on a package. I suspect DCL doen't offer packages for a specific reason--like they don't want the same reputation as some other lines.

I don't think Celebrity has a "drinking" reputation but they have found the drink package to be a profitable incentive to get people to book with them.

I don't think Disney needs that incentive. They have their own unique "hook".

I don't think Celebrity has a "drinking" reputation but they have found the drink package to be a profitable incentive to get people to book with them.

I don't think Disney needs that incentive. They have their own unique "hook".

My experience on both Celebrity and Princess is that there was a lot more drinking than on DCL--not obnoxiously so and not to excess....just more than what I'm typically aware of on DCL. We don't choose their lines for their alcohol packages, but rather for other advantages they offer. There are a couple other lines with the "drunk" and "party" reputation; they are not our choice for vacations.

What about bottled water ? Can you order it in advance, or do you have to bring it on? Ship water doesn't work well with my medications. TIA

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

You can purchase a case of bottled water on embarkation day--the servers are all over the halls, etc. selling it. Cost, including mandatory gratuity is about $35. You are welcome to bring it on if you wish.

Wow. That's a bit overpriced unless there are 200 bottles in the case! We are traveling by train and I use a walker, so bringing it with us is out of the question. I guess we will have to do with those filter water bottles

Wow. That's a bit overpriced unless there are 200 bottles in the case! We are traveling by train and I use a walker, so bringing it with us is out of the question. I guess we will have to do with those filter water bottles

That's a case of 24. You may be able to buy a 6 pack. Do you need it all the time or just with meds? Yes, a filter water bottle will be cheaper...but ship's water is already filtered.

Another option, depending on your schedule, is to buy some at the first port of call. How will you get from the train to the ship? Can you make a stop at Publix? Can it ride on the seat of the walker for boarding?

Going from Long Beach to San Diego then cab from the stop which could be walking distance to the port under normal conditions. We're headed to ENSCENADA and Puerto Vallarta (I definitely don't trust that water). I guess the six-packs are "only" around $10, so we'll try buying it on board when we check in.

Thanks for your help

We are doing the drop off/ just I take the shuttle back to port thing. If we are taking max alcohol allowed under Disney rules do I have to be with wife while she goes through security to allow her on with it or do they just check what you have corresponds with boarding docs or check when actually boarding ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing the drop off/ just I take the shuttle back to port thing. If we are taking max alcohol allowed under Disney rules do I have to be with wife while she goes through security to allow her on with it or do they just check what you have corresponds with boarding docs or check when actually boarding ship?

I believe, even if one person is carrying all the alcohol, if there's more than one person is allowed, all other persons need to be within pointing distance, anyway.

In my experience, the "check" is at the security level. And it depends on how picky the person doing your screening might be. The problem is that if she is carrying 4 bottles of wine and claiming that 2 of them are for you, they don't have a technique to stop you from bringing in 2 more when you enter (no, at that point they are not on a computer and there are a couple of screening lines). And in this instance, she can't point to you bringing up the rear and say that two of them are for you. If you are not screening and checking in together, you're safer to each carry your own than to risk getting half of them confiscated. If they are held, you can reclaim them after the cruise...but that rather defeats the purpose.

Does anyone think DCL will offer a drink package like NCL/Celebrity. Just got off a celebrity cruise and enjoyed just drinking whatever I liked.

Not to state the obvious, but you can also drink whatever you like on a Disney cruise. You just have to pay for each drink, but even a real lush would have trouble getting their bar tab up to a significant percentage of the base cruise fare to begin with.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Does Disney offer a soda package? I know that it is included at the beverage stations at in the dining room, but my husband won't want to have to run to the beverage station every time he wants a soda.

No, since it is available at no charge, they wouldn't sell much. You can purchase cans of soda on board or you can bring your own (no limit to amount).

Does Disney offer a soda package? I know that it is included at the beverage stations at in the dining room, but my husband won't want to have to run to the beverage station every time he wants a soda.

No drink package like pp stated. It is coke products at the drink station and you can bring a refillable cup or water bottle and fill that using a small disposable cup at the stations. The other option if there is a specific soda he enjoys, is to carry on some cans or bottles with you. They would have to be in your carry on though, so you'd have to schlep them around until your room is ready. I always bring a Tervis or an old park cup to keep with me.

No drink package like pp stated. It is coke products at the drink station and you can bring a refillable cup or water bottle and fill that using a small disposable cup at the stations. The other option if there is a specific soda he enjoys, is to carry on some cans or bottles with you. They would have to be in your carry on though, so you'd have to schlep them around until your room is ready. I always bring a Tervis or an old park cup to keep with me.

Yeah, it was funny....my daughter claimed to hate coke products, so I would bring a pack of her favorite beverage. When I informed her that she was big enough to carry her own soda, suddenly the fountain serve diet coke became quite acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

On our last cruise (Dec 16) when we bought our Bahama Mamas up by the pool after boarding the 1st day, the bar attendant sold us a case of water that he personally delivered to our cabin and placed in our fridge. My guess is they will sell you a six pack of Cokes too.

I just want to make sure that I understand - I could go by the drink station anytime and fill a cup with what I want and then go to my meal? Or would I be able to order a Diet Coke at breakfast, lunch and dinner? It would be great to not have to lug the drinks with us.

I just want to make sure that I understand - I could go by the drink station anytime and fill a cup with what I want and then go to my meal? Or would I be able to order a Diet Coke at breakfast, lunch and dinner? It would be great to not have to lug the drinks with us.

You can order a diet coke at any dining room at no charge. All sodas, as well as milks, juices, coffee, tea, etc. are available at no charge in any dining room and the beverage station. At the buffet, you'll have to get it yourself. The Coke products that are included are fountain service only. If you want it in a can, you'll pay for that....so the bar tender roaming around the pool or beach is happy to sell you one in a can, but not to get you a fountain serve beverage.

You do pay for specialty coffees (think Starbucks), alcohol, smoothies, milkshakes, and some mocktails. Your server will put some grenadine or cherry juice in Sprite in the MDR at no charge, but something like a virgin pina colada will have a cost.

The ice tea in the dining rooms is brewed; that in the beverage station is from syrup (YUK). I ask my server for a "to go" tea from the dining room, as that's one less I need to make myself! Otherwise, I get tea bags and hot water from the beverage station, make it super strong, and pour it over ice in my tervis cup. I've also been known to bring a large cup and brew up a batch to keep in the cabin refrigerator.