Buying souvenirs on ship

cruisin1982

Is it good to buy stuff when we first see they our do they do a good job restocking. Do they have sales Carnival had sales on certain days. One night if you bought 3 bottles of vodka you got 10% off and always had T-shirt reduced. Just wondering should we buy stuff the first night. Also do they sell Disney pandora necklaces on the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it good to buy stuff when we first see they our do they do a good job restocking. Do they have sales Carnival had sales on certain days. One night if you bought 3 bottles of vodka you got 10% off and always had T-shirt reduced. Just wondering should we buy stuff the first night. Also do they sell Disney pandora necklaces on the ship

Yes, the popular stuff can "sell out". There is limited space onboard for resupplying while the cruise is in progress.

If you see something that you really want, it's best to buy it sooner than later.

I agree that if you know you want something, it’s best to buy it when you see it. Disney Cruise does sometimes bring out more merchandise as the cruise progresses (usually related to ports and special nights such as Pirate night). As far as I can recall, though, they don’t start discounting merchandise that is already out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There may be sale racks out, but you won't see something at full price on Monday and on sale on Wednesday....and if you did by some fluke, you could always return the original item.

Yes, as above, some items may sell out. It is a ship with limited "back room" space. While more merchandise may be put out as the cruise progresses and re-stocking of standard items will occur, there is no way to know what is in the back room. This is especially true of items that come in particular sizes. The bottom line is that if you see it, buy it now. It may or may not be available tomorrow.

And, as above, special merchandise may be available for a limited time==Star Wars merchandise on Star Wars day, for instance.

No, they don't play games like Carnival or Princess.

We are currently on the Wonder and I agree with the buy-early suggestions. On both the Wonder and Magic, DCL is using the shop outside the pub on deck 3 for itinerary specific merchandise. There is lots of stock that is not displayed as the space is limited. I could not find a “large” size the first night. Merchandise staff was taking names and sizes and getting back to guests to fulfill requests the next day. We got the large sizes we wanted and they showed up on the racks the next day as well. Nonetheless, buying early is recommended.

There may be sale racks out' date=' but you won't see something at full price on Monday and on sale on Wednesday....and if you did by some fluke, you could always return the original item.

Yes, as above, some items may sell out. It is a ship with limited "back room" space. While more merchandise may be put out as the cruise progresses and re-stocking of standard items will occur, there is no way to know what is in the back room. This is especially true of items that come in particular sizes. The bottom line is that if you see it, buy it now. It may or may not be available tomorrow.

And, as above, special merchandise may be available for a limited time==Star Wars merchandise on Star Wars day, for instance.

No, they don't play games like Carnival or Princess.[/quote']

Don’t know what you meant about the games other cruise like do. I never had a problem with Carnival think they get a bad rap. Just like Disney does I read so many negative things. People just complain when they can

Thanks for all your replies but I haven’t see if the sell Disney Pandora necklace on the ships

I was on the Fantasy last year and they had lots of Pandora charms and bracelets for sale. I believe the Dream also did.

Maryjo

Don’t know what you meant about the games other cruise like do. I never had a problem with Carnival think they get a bad rap. Just like Disney does I read so many negative things. People just complain when they can

I've seen Princess put things on sale part way thru a cruise and not permit a return if you'd purchased it previously at full price. They also come out with daily specials in some of the shops so the price one day may be different than the price on another day. Carnival does similar things. Celebrity has a way of making their shop area look like a rummage sale with the $10 merchandise they put out on certain days. You can argue that this is no different than a store on land having a "sale," but it does inhibit the ability to plan your shopping.

On DCL, I've never seen items change price during a cruise. They DO sell markdown merchandise, but it was never on the regular price rack during that sailing--it was reduced from previous sailings. True, people may have discounts for their loyalty status or whatever, but the price you see on day one will be the price throughout the cruise.

The danger on DCL is that they may run out of some items. Sure, they will restock from their storage room, and if you want something in a different size or something you saw the day before it is always worth asking if they have more on board. But you also may be told that there aren't any more on board. What will not happen is that you won't be told "we don't have any" and then see it on the rack 2 days later.

Bottom line to OP-if you see something you want, buy it then. If you change your mind later, you can return un-used merchandise with a receipt.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only sales I have seen on Disney are at the end of itineraries when they are trying to get rid of specific stock for those ports. We got amazing sales on the Transatlantic after our Med cruise, when they were closing out all the Mediterranean items -- some beautiful things.

And yes, they can sell out of popular items. I left things to the end on our first cruise and they weren't available when I went back at the end of the cruise.