All about the Mickey Bar

corley05

Sorry I need a little clarification. We'ver cruises a lot on other lines but doing the Disney trifecta this year with our first Disney cruise. So fountain sodas are free in the buffet, order a can in the dining room for free. Mickey bars for dessert are free? And what does room service charge? Most lines have a free selection and you give a gratuity . So I'm trying to figure Disney outTIA!

If you order soda IN A CAN anywhere, you will be charged for it. The free soda served in the dining rooms is fountain service, but the fountain is in the back and your assistant server brings it to you in a glass.

Mickey bars are "free" in the dining room at lunch or dinner (probably breakfast as well, but never tried it) or from room service, as well as on those rare occasions when a server might be carrying a container around the pool. Another room service goodie is "Big Island Cookies" and milk. However, we've had these be better on some cruises than others.

Virtually all room service is "free," there are a few charged items which are well noted on the room service menu. These are things like alcohol, cans of soda, and boxed candy. A tip to the delivery person is always appreciated but not mandatory.

Of course, the term "free" is inappropriate. "Included in the cruise fare" is far more accurate.

Yes, the rules are different in concierge where you can get cans of soda at no charge in the concierge lounge. The above answer is based on a standard cabin.

If you order soda IN A CAN anywhere' date=' you will be charged for it. The free soda served in the dining rooms is fountain service, but the fountain is in the back and your assistant server brings it to you in a glass.

Mickey bars are "free" in the dining room at lunch or dinner (probably breakfast as well, but never tried it) or from room service, as well as on those rare occasions when a server might be carrying a container around the pool. Another room service goodie is "Big Island Cookies" and milk. However, we've had these be better on some cruises than others.

Virtually all room service is "free," there are a few charged items which are well noted on the room service menu. These are things like alcohol, cans of soda, and boxed candy. A tip to the delivery person is always appreciated but not mandatory.

Of course, the term "free" is inappropriate. "Included in the cruise fare" is far more accurate.

Yes, the rules are different in concierge where you can get cans of soda at no charge in the concierge lounge. The above answer is based on a standard cabin.[/quote']

I understand the whole free is relative deal. But as long as it doesn't make my bill on the last night be 20 pages long- it's free! 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an adult and not that young either and last cruise I ordered a dessert and a mickey bar, had been having an urge the whole time, lol. They put colorful mickey head sprinkles all over in and serve it totally open on a plate. While we are on room service, we like to order coffee and a light breakfast on port days so we can eat something while we are getting ready to run off the ship. Another trick I heard but haven't tried it is, offer a pot of coffee from room service the night before and it will still be warm in the morning?