All about the Mickey Bar

corley05

This December will be our first DCL cruise. We have been told that you can get the mickey bar either as a room service item or off the kids dessert menu. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

My husband loves the mickey bars. its the thing he is most excited about.

This December will be our first DCL cruise. We have been told that you can get the mickey bar either as a room service item or off the kids dessert menu. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

My husband loves the mickey bars. its the thing he is most excited about.

Totally true! And you can ask for Mickey shaped colorful sprinkles on it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also ask for cookies to be brought to your room with the Mickey bar. Then put them together for an ice cream sandwich. :)

If you want free soda, you have to go up to the pool deck for it. Otherwise if you order it from room service, you will get charged. You can also bring whole pizzas back to your room from the pool deck. Makes for a nice 11pm snack. :)

If you want free soda, you have to go up to the pool deck for it. Otherwise if you order it from room service, you will get charged. You can also bring whole pizzas back to your room from the pool deck. Makes for a nice 11pm snack. :)

How did the thread turn from Mickey Bars to soda and pizza?

You can also order pizza from room service. The pizza served on the pool deck resembles cardboard IMHO. But yes, you can order Mickey Bars in the dining rooms or from room service. We've even seen a server come around the pool deck handing them out, but this is very rare.

How did the thread turn from Mickey Bars to soda and pizza?

You can also order pizza from room service. The pizza served on the pool deck resembles cardboard IMHO. But yes' date=' you can order Mickey Bars in the dining rooms or from room service. We've even seen a server come around the pool deck handing them out, but this is very rare.[/quote']

Boy, Moki, you're cranky tonight. Just trying to give a new family tips I've learned about food service.

Boy, Moki, you're cranky tonight. Just trying to give a new family tips I've learned about food service.

Not really...I just wasn't clear on the twist in the thread. We can come up with TONS of food tips for the OP if they are interested. There's a lot of experience on these boards!

Does anyone just order a Mickey Bar? My wife and I (no kids) ordered Mickey Bars on our cruise on the Wonder a few years ago, but I felt it was necessary to order something else. As 2 adults, it felt weird just ordering 2 Mickey Bars....

From room service? Certainly.

You can order as little or as much as you want at any time. No need to make a full meal just to get the mickey bar.

Some people order only cookies & milk at bed time.

Does anyone just order a Mickey Bar? My wife and I (no kids) ordered Mickey Bars on our cruise on the Wonder a few years ago, but I felt it was necessary to order something else. As 2 adults, it felt weird just ordering 2 Mickey Bars....

Sure--people order what they want (or need) when they want it. No reason to feel funny about any order!

• 10 months later...
Not really...I just wasn't clear on the twist in the thread. We can come up with TONS of food tips for the OP if they are interested. There's a lot of experience on these boards!

I want to hear everyone's food tips for the Wonder.

We are sailing in about a month on our first Disney Cruise, but have been on several other lines and I was a bit disappointed about the lack of food related threads on cruise critic.

What about the Rice Krispie treats that are shaped like Mickey-do they have those on the cruise ships-Magic imparticular??

Sometimes. I know that is a dumb answer, but the main place we see these is at the reception for Gold and Platinum cruisers.

OK, basic food hints--anyone can order off any menu. A 2 year old can order off the adult menu and a 22 year old can order off the kid menu. You can also mix and match--order your meal off the adult but order dessert off the kid menu. You can also order your meal with different sides. For instance, if the steak comes with asparagus and the fish comes with broccoli, you an order your steak with broccoli. Within reason, you can get things that are not on the menu. For instance, our server learned that broccoli was DD's favorite vegetable. From then on, there was a bowl of steamed broccoli at her place each night.

If you need some munchies for little people, get individual boxed cereals and yogurts from the buffet during breakfast hours. If your fridge isn't cold enough, put a cup of ice in it. If you prefer a certain kind of milk (skim, 2%, or whatever), put a couple in the fridge. Room service doesn't always get this item correct.

Room service can be creative, or maybe we are just weird. Daughter ordered 3 boxes of Rice Krispies and said that she only needed one bowl. They sent 6 bowls. Some days, I just don't ask :) Sodas are free at the beverage station and in the dining rooms. You pay for them if you order at a bar, from room service, or from a "roaming server" around the pools or on Castaway Cay.

OMG OMG OMG

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mickey Bars. I budget about $60 for them each time we visit Disney World.

If I had known that suites on the ships have them preloaded in the freezer, I'd be seriously broke. Forget dining at Remy - bring on the Mickey Bars!

Guess I need to cancel our next cruise on Holland America.

Sorry I need a little clarification. We'ver cruises a lot on other lines but doing the Disney trifecta this year with our first Disney cruise. So fountain sodas are free in the buffet, order a can in the dining room for free. Mickey bars for dessert are free? And what does room service charge? Most lines have a free selection and you give a gratuity . So I'm trying to figure Disney outTIA!

Sorry I need a little clarification. We'ver cruises a lot on other lines but doing the Disney trifecta this year with our first Disney cruise. So fountain sodas are free in the buffet, order a can in the dining room for free. Mickey bars for dessert are free? And what does room service charge? Most lines have a free selection and you give a gratuity . So I'm trying to figure Disney outTIA!

Sodas are "free" (included in cruise fare) from the 24/7 drink stations poolside, and at meals. Sodas ordered in lounges, from poolside servers, from room service, or in the theaters have a cost.

Mickey bars have no cost. They are not on the menu in the dining room, or from room service, but they are available. Only cost would be a tip to room service delivery person.

Only costs for room service - alcoholic drinks, snacks (nuts/candies/chips), sodas, bottled water. As well as the tip to the delivery person.