I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I was waiting at a coffee shop today and snapped a couple of photos....'cause I do that a lot. I thought to myself, "what a great idea for a thread!"

I figure that we all have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of equipment and too many of us only haul it out on special occasions or for trips.

Bad photographers! Bad! Bad!

Get your cameras out, find a nice composition, snap the photo and post it!

Let's have some fun!

Gallery Row Coffee House - Carrollton, GA

p94944284-4.jpg

Happy shooting!

Dave

Edited by pierces

We had recently gone to my wife's high school reunion in Connecticut. All weekend in the middle of nowhere so I brushed the dust off my circular polarizing filter as I sat by the lake and relaxed after the drive.

BoatDock.jpg

There is a beautiful little cemetry at my wifes old school and I had only brought one lens on this trip, my 24-105 f4. While a great lens, f4 is not the best for creating a nice soft blur in the background. So, while my wife was saying good bye to old friends I was playing around using focal length to help get the blurred background I was looking for. In hindsight the composition is not great but I did get a bit of background blur.

Cemetary1.jpg

I was waiting at a coffee shop today and snapped a couple of photos....'cause I do that a lot. I thought to myself, "what a great idea for a thread!"

I figure that we all have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of equipment and too many of us only haul it out on special occasions or for trips.

Bad photographers! Bad! Bad!

Get your cameras out, find a nice composition, snap the photo and post it!

Let's have some fun!

Gallery Row Coffee House - Carrollton, GA

p94944284-4.jpg

Happy shooting!

Dave

Thank you Dave! You are so right! Need to always look for photo opportunities and have a camera on hand.:) I enjoy all the pictures posted and check each day to see what's new. Thanks for starting this thread and posting your latest and thanks to everyone else who jumped on this with their pictures.:)

Edited by JWJs

Great idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it Dave. My wife and I went to the Kennedy Center last night and after the concert went up to the Terrace level and found this. I did have my camera, but no tripod, and setting the camera on the rail wasn't possible because of the bushes. So, I jacked up the ISO, held my breath and took a bunch hoping for at least one sharp one.

original.jpg

Larry

Use it or lose it, as they say. I've LOST it. I haven't shot much for the last couple of months (recovering from major surgery). I went this morning and shot a parade my kids were in with their martial arts studio. I had my setting incorrect and missed the moment they were actually performing. This is my 'best' shot. Argh! (My boys are the two purple belts on the outside, and the one in glasses & green/black belt in the middle.)

Must. Practice.

Robin

IMG_2184edited.jpg

I'm a daily shooter. I never leave home without a camera. But I haven't shot anything interesting lately. So all I have to submit is a simple picture of a geranium filled Terracotta pot sitting in my front landscape that I took this morning with my Olympus E-P1 using the Pin Hole filter.

4736340307_5e1b3e504d_b.jpg

I'm a daily shooter. I never leave home without a camera. But I haven't shot anything interesting lately. So all I have to submit is a simple picture of a geranium filled Terracotta pot sitting in my front landscape that I took this morning with my Olympus E-P1 using the Pin Hole filter.

4736340307_5e1b3e504d_b.jpg

WOW!!! I love this shot..... nice. I wish I could be a daily shooter. Dave thanks for this thread. I hope to share a photo on this thread real soon. Love to see everyones imaginations and points of view through the lens. :D

I was lying in the hammock today and a few planes decided to fly over not too far away. These aren't the clearest shots- I was practicing taking pics with my almost new camera and these were probably a few miles away-had the telephoto fully extended.

planepic7-1.jpg

IMG_1348-1.jpg

IMG_6481.JPG

IMG_6474.JPG

I don't get to take out my DSLR every day, but I do take a bunch of pics on my iPhone.Here lately the skies have been incredible after the storms have rolled through! These were taken this week, so I hope they count ;) I ran them through Chase Jarvis's Best Camera app to help the colors pop!

Edited by Zack Adams

Well, sticking strictly to the format of the thread, this is one I shot this afternoon - it was a test shot for my newest lens I just picked up earlier in the afternoon - a Minolta 300mm F4 APO. Snapped in my front yard:

B8DAD4C00745430896CE92E1C88B23A2.jpg

(this is the direct link in case the above goes dead - I'm not sure how this other gallery works where I posted the sample: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3702150612/photos/372036/jun26-wako-311 )

I'm also a very regular shooter - if not daily, then at least several times a week, mostly on weekends. I'm an avid wildlife photographer, and also enjoy night photography and architecture, so that keeps me busy wherever I happen to be. Here in Florida, birding is amazing, so I do that almost every weekend. And of course travel photography when I'm lucky enough to be traveling...a few weeks ago I was up at Disney World where I go every few months...and I'm just now in the planning stages for my next cruise sometime in Oct/Nov.

What technique did you use for this photo?? I love it.

Here is a pic that I took when we were in Orlando for Christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Denise40/Disney%20World%20Christmas%202009/SunriseinOrlando.jpg

Paintshop pro 12 has a nice set distortion effects and I just play around with a image til I get the desired effect;)