Galveston to IAH late flight

kona_wahine

using miles for our flight so we don’t depart until 7:30pm. Our plan was to take Carnival shuttle to the airport, but now I’m thinking on staying on the ship as long as possible and then taking a taxi. I think it would be around $100 plus tip? Any other ideas? I don’t want to deal with our luggage.

Lots of variables here. What day do you arrive back here in Galveston? If your on the Valor or Freedom then you’d be here for sure on Saturday (Freedom) and every other for the Valor. The Breeze would get you back on Sunday.

The reason I ask is related to traffic. Leaving Galveston on a weekday and heading to IAH would mean traffic. Some cabs won’t take the toll road system around Houston, and that adds time and profit for them.

I’d get off the ship, self-debark, walk over to Starbucks and grab a coffee. The Strand area is one block over and a new venue (I’ll drive by today and catch the name) can store your luggage. It’s a short walk across the street and one block past Harborside.

Take in some of the Strand shops, grab a early lunch and then catch your transportation to the airport. I’d be headed over the causeway by 3-3:30 for the best times to avoid weekday northbound traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess i will check later to see if the Strands shops will be open on Easter.

Yikes... I could come get your family and take y’all to 9am mass at St Clare. I lead their audio/video team. What do you know about live sound and Yamaha LS-9 mixers?

I’ll find you an option for that Sunday. Gimme a few days!

using miles for our flight so we don’t depart until 7:30pm. Our plan was to take Carnival shuttle to the airport, but now I’m thinking on staying on the ship as long as possible and then taking a taxi. I think it would be around $100 plus tip? Any other ideas? I don’t want to deal with our luggage.

Galveston Express will store your luggage in their office while you walk around Galveston. They have later shuttles and can collect you from the office which is just three blocks from the cruise terminal entrance. http://www.galvestonexpress.com

• 3 weeks later...

I too am in the same boat (excuse the pun). Our flight back is on easter sunday around 7.30pm so wont need to get to IAH airport until like 4.30-5pm.

So we can drop our luggage somewhere near the cruise terminal an have the afternoon around the strand?

What time is the latest we can get off the ship?

We are on a different sailing than you but we also have a late flight out of IAH. We are renting a car from Enterprise (through Costco), one way rental, for only $29. Much cheaper than any other option that we have come across.

Anybody want to share transport back to IAH airport around 4pm on sunday april 21st?

There's only me, wife and daughter so three of us. Ideally we could possibly arrange a minibus or large taxi and split the costs?

This should be posted on the roll call for your specific cruise.

That's an idea. We did the same thing but used Galveston Limo instead. Not the limo service but a bus. Cost us a whole lot less than $100.