San diego/Coronado

SheriAZ

I have a San Diego question, not a cruise question. Im going to a wedding on Coronado Island. Would like help finding a place to stay in SD, with easy access to Coronado. What part of town should i be searching. Downtown, south, north, gaslamp?

Also, i want to go to Seaport Village and Old Town

Any advice will be appreciated

Hi,

Coronado is 15min (by car) across the bay from downtown San Diego.

There are tons of hotels in downtown from which to choose. Some have water views of the bay. Coronado itself also has many hotels. Without a car you can use local bus, call an uber or lyft car, or use the hop on hop off bus tour to get around.

Seaport Village is an outdoor specialty mall on the bayfront. You can walk to it from many hotels like the Hilton Bayfront, Marriott Marina, etc. I would not build my hotel around the wish to visit Seaport Village.

Old Town is about 15min north of downtown by car. Again you can get there by using the ho ho bus tour or any of the other methods mentioned above plus our small lightrail system,.

I'd look for a hotel on Coronado or in downtown along the bayfront. The "gaslamp" is 6 blocks of our small downtown. You can stay anywhere in downtown/Little Italy, marina etc are all downtown areas.

Can't believe I forgot to mention the ferry! I was just there yesterday for lunch and we watched the ferry from downtown land and let people off!

Ferry across the bay is on a regular schedule and the ride is also about 15min ish.

If you want to stay on Coronado, then without a doubt try the El Cordova. Lot's of history and just across the street from the Del. It's a little bit of a walk to the ferry over to downtown, so probably easier to UBER over to Gaslamp and Old Town. If you do the El Cordova book a larger room as the small rooms can be really tiny or on the alley that is a little noise.

If the wedding is down by the Coronado ferry landing. Then look at any hotels in downtown SD along Harbor and PCH from about Grape St to the convention center. Then you can ferry over for the wedding. My mom lived next to the little park at the Landing where they did weddings several times a day.