Questions using ExecuCar San Pedro to LAX

cruiserdru

Have booked ExecuCar to get from San Pedro to LAX on 9/19. No where on their site or in this forum have I been able to find info on where we get picked up or how to identify our ride.

Do we just go to the SuperShuttle pickup area and give our reservation # to someone? Is there a number to call to contact your driver? Do you need to download an app to contact them?

Both Coral and Star Princess will be there and so lots of people milling around.

Any insights/experience to share would be appreciated.

There is specific info on the web site about how to find your ride at an airport.

I don't know if it is the same at the cruise port.

I'd call or contact them through the web site and ask.

At airports they say you will get a text from them giving you the chauffuer's info.

This is called "Will Call Service".

Yes we have used them often.

They will be in a holding area outside the port. At the time of your pickup time they will come into the terminal and be outside at the curb of the terminal you are leaving from.

I keep their phone number with me. I call that morning to be sure all is in order after we docked. If you have any issues locating the car call them back.

Also there is an app for Execucar. Put it on your mobile device. You can track the car.

Again be sure you have the number for the Los Angeles Execucar office and know which number to click on to get dispatch.

Keith

Was hoping you would see this, Keith. I know from posts that you have used them and would have the kind of info I need.

Thanks.

cruiserdru you are very welcome. I am glad I could help.

Also, when you book them I would set up an account on line at http://www.execucar.com

It is very easy to do that. This way you see your reservation on line.

For the port at San Pedro use this address:

World Cruise Center 100 Swinford St Los Angeles, CA 90731

Sometimes on their web site they have a choice of a couple of addresses but this is the one we use. If you book it on line you can also call them so that they can put on the notes what ship you are arriving on.

Keith

Is the ExecuCar option better than the standard SuperShuttle? Is it worth the extra cost?

For us it is.

We don't have to wait for anyone else to be loaded and once at the airport we go right to our terminal rather than possibly going to several of them.

Keith

Definitely install the Super Shuttle app (Execucar uses it too). Then make sure to go into "My Trips" and link your reservation number. You will get confirmation and pick up information and your driver will message you how to find the car location.

Very reassuring!

Definitely install the Super Shuttle app (Execucar uses it too). Then make sure to go into "My Trips" and link your reservation number. You will get confirmation and pick up information and your driver will message you how to find the car location.

Very reassuring!

So, I see my reservation under My Trips on the app on my phone. I see a "Link My Trip" in the upper right corner. My pickup is a good 3 weeks away. Do I link my trip now or wait until we arrive in San Pedro? :confused:

So, I see my reservation under My Trips on the app on my phone. I see a "Link My Trip" in the upper right corner. My pickup is a good 3 weeks away. Do I link my trip now or wait until we arrive in San Pedro? :confused:
Do it now! That way you can be sure everything is correct and can easily check anytime (to reassure yourself...or is that just me? LOL) that all is as expected.

Not just you. Obviously, this is the first time I have used them and it is driving me crazy that I will screw it all up some how or they will. Nothing like the unknown to put you on edge.

The world won't end if something goes wrong. I'm just hoping it is the proverbial piece of cake.

Thanks for everyone's patience and unending willingness to help.

I now recall we used Execucar a few years ago in L.A. going to Long Beach and had no trouble. We were contacted almost as soon as we landed and were instructed where to meet outside the baggage area... and sure enough, the guy pulled up and off we went. On the return from the port, we stood outside the terminal and were contacted almost immediately via text ...we then watched and spotted him in the distance as he pulled around and weaved through the traffic. While everyone else was fighting for a taxi and buses,we just jumped right in the vehicle and we were on our way. It's a good service. There may be occasional hic-cup for some people. Not everyone is going to be satisfied but for us we will try it again next month.

This may be a bit over thinking in planning, but if you arrange your ride right after your most recent billing cycle on your credit card has already passed, and you are then leaving within 30 days, and you do have a problem, you will have time to dispute the charge with the c/c company before you pay off. I would rather dispute through the c/c than the business. Hopefully this wont come into play but its a good chip to have in your back pocket.

Is the ExecuCar option better than the standard SuperShuttle? Is it worth the extra cost?

It is to me.

Coming off a cruise and heading to LAX MIGHT be the one exception where SuperShuttle isn't horrible and worth considering. The shuttles usually go directly from the port to LAX. I've never heard of them stopping to drop off passengers enroute.

I'd still use ExecuCar or ExecuCar Express.

It is to me.

Coming off a cruise and heading to LAX MIGHT be the one exception where SuperShuttle isn't horrible and worth considering. The shuttles usually go directly from the port to LAX. I've never heard of them stopping to drop off passengers enroute.

I'd still use ExecuCar or ExecuCar Express.

A few years ago when we arrived in San Pedro after a cruise, we were late getting off ship. We had a pre arranged time to meet our car service. They gave us 30 minutes I think it was. They said if were not at car by then, the car would leave and we would be out the money we paid. For this reason, when we cruise into there next February I am just going to us a taxi to LAX