transportation from vancouver port to airport

creel5857

Does anyone know if the taxis take credit cards? Or should we get $Can in advance?

And what are the taxi lines like if there are 3 ships at Canada Place?

Thanks,

Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taxis take masterchargr and visa predominately. Amex and some other cards aren’t commonly used in Canada.

Does anyone know if the taxis take credit cards? Or should we get $Can in advance?
I also recommend telling the driver that you plan to pay with a credit card..... to avoid the awkwardness when the driver states his machine is broken when you get to the airport.

And what are the taxi lines like if there are 3 ships at Canada Place?

Thanks,

Debbie

You got the CC info above; lines on 3-shippers are long, really long, or ludicrously long. Unless you're among the first batch of folks off ALL three ships combined, expect to wait a long time for a cab. On the first 3 ship day of the season delays can get up to the three hour mark (although more than an hour is unusual).

Best advice is always this - stay longer in Vancouver! If you cannot, then book as late a flight as you can tolerate, and if for some reason your only option is a noon or earlier, self-disembark and be lining up at 7am to get off the ship.

Figuring out how to use SkyTrain is the most efficient way to avoid delays getting to the airport - it's 26mins travel time end to end on the train plus maybe five minutes walk from pier to station. Ticket machines take credit cards (NB: make sure you have a Chip!) or CAD cash, and the price can't be beat at $4.10pp (even less on weekends or for Seniors). If you walk off the ship and right into a cab, that's faster - but if the wait for a cab exceeds 5 minutes then SkyTrain will be a shorter total journey time.

You got the CC info above; lines on 3-shippers are long, really long, or ludicrously long. Unless you're among the first batch of folks off ALL three ships combined, expect to wait a long time for a cab. On the first 3 ship day of the season delays can get up to the three hour mark (although more than an hour is unusual).

Best advice is always this - stay longer in Vancouver! If you cannot, then book as late a flight as you can tolerate, and if for some reason your only option is a noon or earlier, self-disembark and be lining up at 7am to get off the ship.

Figuring out how to use SkyTrain is the most efficient way to avoid delays getting to the airport - it's 26mins travel time end to end on the train plus maybe five minutes walk from pier to station. Ticket machines take credit cards (NB: make sure you have a Chip!) or CAD cash, and the price can't be beat at $4.10pp (even less on weekends or for Seniors). If you walk off the ship and right into a cab, that's faster - but if the wait for a cab exceeds 5 minutes then SkyTrain will be a shorter total journey time.

Thanks for this great informations!

I’m a subway girl.....but my husband and I will probably be juggling 4 bags. As much as I want to take the Skytrain, I don’t think we can manage that.

Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forums