Check in Times in Miami

Avril

I'm getting ready to sail on the Divina in 11 Days, can't wait!! :D I was looking at our Cruise Ticket/Boarding Documents and noticed that it says our Check In Time is 16:45. Do we have to wait till then to Check In and Board or can we do that earlier? We're Gold Voyagers Club members (got it through Status Match) so we don't have Priority Boarding or anything. I was hoping to check in around 10:30-11am and be onboard by Noon. I like to get on as early as possible so I can have lunch onboard, a drink or 2 (or a few, haha), and explore the ship (and maybe go for a swim in the pool). How strict is MSC with the check in times? Thanks!! :D

I'm getting ready to sail on the Divina in 11 Days, can't wait!! :D I was looking at our Cruise Ticket/Boarding Documents and noticed that it says our Check In Time is 16:45. Do we have to wait till then to Check In and Board or can we do that earlier? We're Gold Voyagers Club members (got it through Status Match) so we don't have Priority Boarding or anything. I was hoping to check in around 10:30-11am and be onboard by Noon. I like to get on as early as possible so I can have lunch onboard, a drink or 2 (or a few, haha), and explore the ship (and maybe go for a swim in the pool). How strict is MSC with the check in times? Thanks!! :D

Doors open about 1030-1045 for check-in. Boarding starts about 1130-1200.

Doors open about 1030-1045 for check-in. Boarding starts about 1130-1200.

Ok, thanks!! :D So we can just ignore the 16:45 time on our documents and show up at 10:30-10:45 and they'll let us in to check in? Do they even check the time on your documents when you show up?

Yes you can definitely check in earlier and no they do not check your documents for the time HOWEVER . . . Do yourself a favor and don't get there too early. I am like you, in that I like to get on board ASAP and get my vacation started ! But sometimes the previous cruise is late in disembarking due to customs problems which means your embarking is delayed and your stuck hanging out in the terminal . Now I am not familiar with the newly built Terminal F , but the old terminal was a chaotic mess. The waiting area was crowded and you could not hear the boarding announcements . Lots of angry cruisers with bad manners !

I suggest not arriving til noon . By then all the early boarders are through the lines and you can scoot right on.

Happy travels and Bon Voyage ! You are gonna truly love the amazing Divina !

Yes you can definitely check in earlier and no they do not check your documents for the time HOWEVER . . . Do yourself a favor and don't get there too early. I am like you, in that I like to get on board ASAP and get my vacation started ! But sometimes the previous cruise is late in disembarking due to customs problems which means your embarking is delayed and your stuck hanging out in the terminal . Now I am not familiar with the newly built Terminal F , but the old terminal was a chaotic mess. The waiting area was crowded and you could not hear the boarding announcements . Lots of angry cruisers with bad manners !

I suggest not arriving til noon . By then all the early boarders are through the lines and you can scoot right on.

Happy travels and Bon Voyage ! You are gonna truly love the amazing Divina !

Awesome, thanks!! :D No, we try not to get there too early. We were thinking 10:30-11am. You think that's too early? We like to be some of the 1st onboard, haha. It's great to get on ASAP and let the fun begin!! :D That's true though, there can be problems with the previous cruise debarking and embarking can be delayed. I've had that happen a couple of times. The old terminal was a mess huh? How so? I'm guessing that's the one we'll be using (I'm assuming they still use the old one) because the Seaside will be in Miami for the 1st time at the same time as us and I'm sure they'll want to use the new terminal for the new ship. Which sucks for us but oh well. I don't really mind waiting in the terminal, it's better to be around a whole bunch of excited and (hopefully) happy cruisers than to be sitting in a hotel lobby. Oh, I know what you mean by angry cruisers!! I've seen quite a few over the years, haha. And not just in the terminal. Scooting right on sounds good though!! :D We were hoping to be onboard by 11:30 or Noon.

Thanks so much!! We're driving to Florida so we're leaving on Monday and will be in Miami sometime on Thursday (we live in Canada just outside of Toronto). I'm sure we will love the Divina, this is our 1st MSC cruise and we're really looking forward to it!!!!:D

Those of you familiar with the old Terminal F will appreciate the tremendous amount of seating in the new terminal. This is looking into what used to be the combined seating area, lines for check in and the check-in counters (used to be on the far right wall).

Bret

76c274_83a660416f5b46878b23329ad1fe2f6f~mv2.jpg

WOW, that looks awesome!! :D I hope we get to use that one instead of the old one. But like I said in my last post, the Seaside will be in Miami for the 1st time at the same time as us and I'm sure they'll put the new ship in the new terminal and we'll get the old one (I'm assuming they still use the old one).