Seaside Specialty Restaurant Menus

cp1824

Here's the menu for Bistrot La Boheme. Sorry the quality isn't the best, but if you right click and choose "view image," you can see a larger size.

25073098_1969593753363184_7590716455455892249_o.jpg?oh=67c4c152975636f8cd5709f51e00858c&oe=5A8C367D

25073206_1969593756696517_6688619174664049753_o.jpg?oh=04c05bfd98d5d28a6262112ff58f3888&oe=5AC8DF2F

Ashley, I'm sure several of us would be ETERNALLY grateful if you could take a snapshot of ONLY the "Dining Experience" part of each specialty restaurant's menu. There's many of us trying to determine if we're going to take advantage of one of the two discounted dining experiences available for purchase pre-cruise. Thanks for your updates and reviews!! [emoji41] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Ashley, I'm sure several of us would be ETERNALLY grateful if you could take a snapshot of ONLY the "Dining Experience" part of each specialty restaurant's menu. There's many of us trying to determine if we're going to take advantage of one of the two discounted dining experiences available for purchase pre-cruise. Thanks for your updates and reviews!! [emoji41] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I'm no longer onboard, but the Dining Experience menus are included on all of the full menus. It's right there at the top left of the first photo.

Sorry to spam the thread, but here's a link to the dining section of my review, which was just published yesterday: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=994&pgtype=dining. (The full review isn't live yet, as it's still being edited. The rest should be live by mid-week.)

Excellent review, answered a lot of questions.

I am disappointed there are only 4 included food options, 2 of which are the same.

It appears that daytime snack sandwiches, poolside burgers, and evening pizza are all rolled into the buffet. While the food might be the same you find elsewhere, sometimes we'd like a change of scenery.

Not a fan of this choice.

For anyone interested, I've added some photos here (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570575) of the MDR menus (lunch and dinner, including Elegant Night), nonalcoholic beverage options, Sports Bar chicken wing menu and sample kids club schedules.
Thanks for confirming that the sports bar does have food, but very disappointing to see that the wings are NOT free! Can you tell us whether the free specialty dining for Black Card members is the experience menu? Thanks.

Update: I see that you mentioned that you don't know about Black Card meals.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for confirming that the sports bar does have food, but very disappointing to see that the wings are NOT free! Can you tell us whether the free specialty dining for Black Card members is the experience menu? Thanks.

Update: I see that you mentioned that you don't know about Black Card meals.

I've just emailed my PR contacts to get an answer about the black card inclusions, as well as whether Venchi items are covered under beverage packages that include gelato and specialty coffees. Will report back when I hear from them.

It's still choosing from a limited section of the full menu as well as as only an app, entree, side and dessert. I assume it's the European small portions way of eating. I prefer the other lines I mentioned that do not restrict you and allow multiple apps, sides, etc. Carnivals steakhouse gives you an amuse bouche, app, salad, soup, entree, 2 sides and dessert to enjoy later in the cabin and a second app can be substituted for the soup or salad. That is getting your monies worth.

I understand we really can't fully make an evaluation until the first reviews start coming in after the first 7 day sailing on the 23rd.

On HAL in the Pinnacle you also get to chose one course. I never went hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On HAL in the Pinnacle you also get to chose one course. I never went hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was disappointed that I was only able to order one appetizer at Tamarind (on HAL) since there were other items I wanted to try, and also get a sushi roll in addition to the cooked stuff (which weren't really as good as I'd hoped). I can understand a single entrée but multiple apps should be permitted.

I was disappointed that I was only able to order one appetizer at Tamarind (on HAL) since there were other items I wanted to try, and also get a sushi roll in addition to the cooked stuff (which weren't really as good as I'd hoped). I can understand a single entrée but multiple apps should be permitted.

On our first of many visits to Tamarind, the server expertly reviewed "the rules" in a no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners attitude of what we were and were not allowed.

We basically said: "understood" and and in an equally polite and determined way, ordered what and how much we wanted. She looked us up and down, did the mental arithmetic and brought us everything!

I assume you're not not implying that she was calculating how much extra to charge for the additional appetizers. Have you order extras on subsequent visits as well?

When the server went over the 23 subsections of Sushi ordering, my partner politely told her: "No, that doesn't work for me".

That's where she went over the "human calculus" - we are always extremely polite, solicitous to staff and never raise our voices but ... I think she quickly understood that this was an argument she would lose! Perhaps our late dining times may also influence decisions as the sashimi may have to be thrown out afterwards.

We have ALWAYS ordered multiple apps, sushi and a single main. In fact, on our (always) second visit on the last night of the cruise, the sushi is practically pushed on us!

Good morning! I've heard back from MSC on Venchi drinks/gelato and black card dining.

From the line's PR team:

Venchi gelato is included in the beverage packages. Venchi coffee, up to a value of $7.50, is included in the classic drink package. The premium package includes all Venchi coffee drinks. Retails items are not included in the beverage packages.

Black card members are entitled to a complimentary specialty restaurant “Tasting Menu” dinner for 2 once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Offer is per stateroom. The tasting menus we refer to are the same as the dining experience menus. Guests can choose from any restaurant on board.

That's very interesting that MSC has adopted a different approach with Venchi on Seaside than on Meraviglia with Jean Philippe. It's fair to say that the all-inclusive drinks packages on US sailings are more comprehensive than elsewhere (though they're more expensive, too!)

Has anyone got the full Roys menu? The link won't work for me.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

The link in the original post works fine for me. It's 8 pages of PDF. What are you getting? Try right mousing and select "Save Link As" if it doesn't open properly. Or try not opening it from the app.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/Chef_Roy_Yamaguchi_ENG.PDF

The link in the original post works fine for me. It's 8 pages of PDF. What are you getting? Try right mousing and select "Save Link As" if it doesn't open properly. Or try not opening it from the app.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/Chef_Roy_Yamaguchi_ENG.PDF

Thanks so much - that worked perfect for me. Maybe it was because I was looking at it from my phone last night.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've never seen a more messed up website anywhere in my web surfing travels. The fact that nobody ay MSC has addressed these issues after all the countless and various issues shows their incompetence. You'd think a 6th grader was running their website from his mom and dad's basement.

Actually, a 6th grader would do a better job with his eyes closed! MSC's website is probably done by a 65+ person!

We purchased the Dining Trio package of Butcher Cut, Asian and Ocean cay for $69/pp for the Seaside in October. We should also get a comped or freebie specialty meal through the Fantastica class? And I have Black Card level (matched from carnival's Diamond) but haven't read about Black card dining until this thread. What does that entail?