Wow....some really harsh words about the Seaside !

Shippy

I looked a bit more on the MSC site and found the 3 restaurants pkg still available, from the home page, click on discover MSC then you have some options for specialty restaurants, the pkg we purchased is there and available.

Yes they are there, but when I click on the link "add to cruise" it takes me to the normal "pre paid " area in my booking where they are missing

I don't take service inconsistencies to mean anything on Inaugural voyages. NCL Escape had some serious issues on it's Inaugural, Harmony of the Seas was a disaster, Carnival Vista still had many workers and unfinished areas and so did Koningsdam. If I recall correctly Quantum of the Seas had major, major issues being not only new but first in class. Not giving MSC a free pass here. All these cruise lines use paying guests to shake down incomplete ships. It's not fair or right. But service inconsistencies, and remaining minor fit out work (furnishings, fixtures, decor) I will wait a few weeks for things to improve, just like they improved on all of those named ships.

I guarantee you will be able to get water, wine, beer, cocktails, coffee, soda/soft drinks in the dining room no problem when this ship sails from Miami.

Last year a crew member with 20 years experience at sea told us that, if he was a passenger, he would never consider booking on a new ship until it had been in service for at least three months. Too many problems and unfinished work.

The harsh words are deserved as far as the cabins are concerned. The public area look fabulous, except I see there are bottlenecks in certain spots. All I can say about the cabins remind me of Carnival cabins circa 1985. Italians are known for great design. I don't see it in the cabins. Oh, and they want to gear the cruise to American customers. They have to do better, much better. Their website is horrible and frustrating. I have a cruise booked in March and I am beginning to think I need to go back to my normal.

I agree with you. If your "normal" is NCL don't do it.

Our first trip on MSC in August was great. Yes, there were some "odd" things but overall service and food was great as was the sense of a ship (except rooms) where money spent on ship didn't seem to be a limitation.

One odd thing to me is how they advertised this as a warm weather ship and connecting people to the outside, but I don’t see any outside dining.

I was expecting something along the lines of the Ncl Breakaway class waterfront drinks/dining areas. All the drinking/eating places on the lower decks look all inside and glassed in. This is disappointing to me if this is the case since I love the Breakaway waterfront concept and was hoping for something similar here.

One odd thing to me is how they advertised this as a warm weather ship and connecting people to the outside, but I don’t see any outside dining.

I was expecting something along the lines of the Ncl Breakaway class waterfront drinks/dining areas. All the drinking/eating places on the lower decks look all inside and glassed in. This is disappointing to me if this is the case since I love the Breakaway waterfront concept and was hoping for something similar here.

I think it’s the enormous amount of outdoor deck space and pools, plus lounges with ocean views and even the glass walkways. Plus the extra wide promenade. Much wider than the Breakaway Class but yes not as many revenue producing venues out there like NCL. NCL tries to make a buck with every possible inch of space.

Besides the promenade deck I found the Breakaway Class very inward facing. Horrible cluttered open decks, lousy pools, and no lounges with great ocean views. Very closed in.

Seaside looks so much better with far more connection to the sea.

I thought that the restaurants on deck 8 (including the main buffet) were supposed to have some outside seating, since that's the deck with the outside walkway.

I thought that the restaurants on deck 8 (including the main buffet) were supposed to have some outside seating, since that's the deck with the outside walkway.

There is an outdoor bar and seating by the Marketplace Buffet for certain. I'm pretty sure that is the only outdoor dining and drinking on the promenade that was advertised. Most of the speciality restaurants are located elsewhere.

There is an outdoor bar and seating by the Marketplace Buffet for certain. I'm pretty sure that is the only outdoor dining and drinking on the promenade that was advertised. Most of the speciality restaurants are located elsewhere.

This photo was posted on Facebook. As you can see lots of outdoor seating for the buffet on the promenade. On the other side is where the bar is. I think there is nice seating up and down the entire promenade, just not restaurants and bars. I might actually prefer it that way.

38227621374_3f9d6f120a_b.jpg

When booking a Fantastia experience the 12 drinks are still listed on the list of perks.

Maybe you're confused about the add on 18 drinks voucher which is no longer available.

Yes, I think the poster is misinformed.

The fantastica level does still show the 12 drink voucher.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/compare-experiences.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This photo was posted on Facebook. As you can see lots of outdoor seating for the buffet on the promenade. On the other side is where the bar is. I think there is nice seating up and down the entire promenade, just not restaurants and bars. I might actually prefer it that way.

38227621374_3f9d6f120a_b.jpg

I like it this way better also. Have not sailed Breakaway or Getaway (Getaway is on my list) but I think if you want to enjoy the promenade dining, you have to pay specialty. When looking at the brochure I dont remember any complimentary al fresco places, which put me off the ship a bit.

I like it this way better also. Have not sailed Breakaway or Getaway (Getaway is on my list) but I think if you want to enjoy the promenade dining, you have to pay specialty. When looking at the brochure I dont remember any complimentary al fresco places, which put me off the ship a bit.

This is true although you can sit on the promenade without paying for a dining experience. There are certain spots.

The promenade though on the Breakaway Class is about 1/2 the width as it is on Seaside. Pretty narrow.

Also dining outside sounds like a great idea, but the reality is that it’s often too hot, too cold, or too windy to truly enjoy it.

I believe many would disagree with you. There are many of us that sail in a normal cabin and have enjoyed it enough to sail a second time. And have a third one booked!

Completely agree! We sailed MSC first time this past June. We are booked for Seaside next month and then Musica in May.

I'll have to join those concerned about the complimentary options available.... Going on a cruise with our family of 4 is a large expense and I want the experience to feel somewhat luxurious without the extra costs. We even went for the Aurea experience for that reason, but it seems our children won't even be allowed free ice-cream (only the adults). I can't see any other reason for such a change of drink packages other than trying to earn more revenue on families.

I understand they are a budget line and my expectations are lower than compared to say RCCL. But if I feel nickled and dimed the entire trip, I won't be coming back no matter the price of the cabin.

Still looking forward to our trip, but just feeling that there's some warning signs right now.

Why won’t your children be able to have gelato? We just did Aurea 3 weeks ago and my grandson could have gelato or milkshakes when he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why won’t your children be able to have gelato? We just did Aurea 3 weeks ago and my grandson could have gelato or milkshakes when he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope that what I've been told are wrong, could just be a case of bad information from MSC as usual. But basically I was told by MSC Sweden in August (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2527828) that there were 3 types of All-Inclusive drink packages. One for Adults, one for children aged 12-21 and one for children 3-11. The one for children 3-11 was a very limited version where Ice-cream wasn't included. As I was booking Aurea I asked about this and was told that the children would indeed get the age 3-11 drink package, and "sorry no, ice-cream doesnt seem to be included". At this point noone here on these forums had heard anything about these age limited packages. But that changed when changes to the drink packages was announced for the US market as well, you can read about this here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53976567&postcount=58

Notice that "Thirst-quenching experience for our youngest guests! Unlimited sodas, mineral water and fruit juices." is the only thing listed for age 3-11.

Last you can view this recent bar photo from ashley@cruisecritic

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54743589&postcount=10

Check the second photo, confirms the "Soft Drink all-inclusive package" for children age 3-11.

I very much hope that I'm wrong and that it won't be a problem on the ship. I can't see that they can stop parents from ordering ice-cream for the children when they are free to order it for themselves.

We are just back from RCL Allure last week down there. Sea was not rough, and on Seaside you would hardly notice even if they were. Don't worry!

We are heading out on Seaside next week. Can anyone tell me how rough the waters are in the Caribbean these days?

I'll have to join those concerned about the complimentary options available.... Going on a cruise with our family of 4 is a large expense and I want the experience to feel somewhat luxurious without the extra costs. We even went for the Aurea experience for that reason, but it seems our children won't even be allowed free ice-cream (only the adults). I can't see any other reason for such a change of drink packages other than trying to earn more revenue on families.

I understand they are a budget line and my expectations are lower than compared to say RCCL. But if I feel nickled and dimed the entire trip, I won't be coming back no matter the price of the cabin.

Still looking forward to our trip, but just feeling that there's some warning signs right now.

No free ice cream anymore? When did that happen? Is that a change in the classic drink package? We have the classic drink package (or whatever it is called) with our cruise for two adults and two kids.

Hi there. I was onboard for nine days, from the shipyard in Monfalcone to Barcelona. Gelato at Venchi is free for anyone with a beverage package. This is directly from MSC's Miami-based PR department, who just emailed me about the issue yesterday:

"Venchi gelato is included in the beverage packages."

You can also get ice cream at the Miami Beach Bar and the Miramar Bar (which I believe allows Aurea access).

Isn't the Venchi Chocolate place on Seaside where we get the included ice cream/gelato and milkshakes and what not for the kids?

I honestly don't know. It seems to be the logical place, but then I've also read that the Venchi stuff is excluded because it's a contracted brand on the ship so...I don't know for sure but am hoping for the best. I have yet to see any menus or details about this particular issue from those on board right now. I would love for my worries to be proved wrong, haha!

That information is out-of-date with the arrival, first of Meraviglia and, now, Seaside. The items from pastry shops on Fantasia class are included. However, the new ships have franchise operations onboard now where no packages cover the items served. There's Jean Philippe on Meraviglia and Vendi on Seaside.

Hi there. I've just heard from MSC's PR department in the U.S. regarding Venchi inclusions:

"Venchi gelato is included in the beverage packages. Venchi coffee, up to a value of $7.50, is included in the classic drink package. The premium package includes all Venchi coffee drinks. Retail items are not included in the beverage packages."