transportation from vancouver port to airport

creel5857

what are options and estimated costs for transportation from cruise terminal to airport? pros and cons between cruise transportation, cab and other modes?? there may be up to 8 adults in our party

We always take a cab. Approx $30 and about 25-30 minutes.

There are cab type vans available.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Other thoughts...

• 80% of cabs are toyota prius that seats 4 passengers. Some cabs are minivan's. The minivans are extremely popular for cruise ship debarkation and embarkation. Split your part up into two or three van's... especially with luggage
  • you can try contacting Aerocar for larger vehicle
  • I like the convenience of cabs instead of trains when travelling with luggage.
  • if the cab lines are long in the cruise terminal.... walk up to the pan pacific entrance to see if the lines are shorter. Also look across the street at the fairmont waterfront.
  • $35 for cab carload vs $4 per adult via train. Train requires an additional 10 minutes to walk to the station.

We use the Princess shuttle. One nice thing about using the shuttle in Vancouver is that the last night of the cruise you put your luggage out and they take it to the airport for you. when you arrive at your terminal they have the luggage set up in a small area set aside for Princess passengers, sorted by disembarkation group colors. ( at least that was how it was the last couple of times we did it - including May of this year).

Works well for us.

The Canada line train is only up the slope turn left and one block away if you are able to wheel your luggage.

Adult fare from Port to Airport $4.Seniors over 65 $2.75 each..After 6.30PM $2.75 for everyone.Saturdays and Sundays $2.75 everyone.

Travel from Airport to Port costs an additional $5 each an Airport fee.

The train runs about every 10 minutes.Make certain it is the Airport train.

Very fast quicker than by taxi or bus.:)

The Canada line train is only up the slope turn left and one block away if you are able to wheel your luggage.

Adult fare from Port to Airport $4.Seniors over 65 $2.75 each..After 6.30PM $2.75 for everyone.Saturdays and Sundays $2.75 everyone.

Travel from Airport to Port costs an additional $5 each an Airport fee.

The train runs about every 10 minutes.Make certain it is the Airport train.

Very fast quicker than by taxi or bus.:)

I agree. The Canada Line is cheaper and faster if you can carry your own luggage. I am not sure of the hours, but I would think it would be available any conceivable time that you would be boarding or disembarking from a ship.

I agree. The Canada Line is cheaper and faster if you can carry your own luggage. I am not sure of the hours, but I would think it would be available any conceivable time that you would be boarding or disembarking from a ship.

It runs from about 4AM to 2AM

Taxi rate from YVR to Canada Place is fixed at $35 CAD + tip. Going to YVR FROM Canada Place is priced at metered rates. I would assume that that rate would be somewhere in the same range as the fixed rate; I'd ask the driver first.

Edited by dreamer976

it's called Vancouver Shuttle Company . They also sell tickets on a walk up basis . There will be someone with a portable CC machine or will accept cash.

Cost is $15 per person. You can buy them online . Airport customers have priority over the Richmond hotels.

https://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/cruise-ship-transfers

Edited by Kamloops50

it's called Vancouver Shuttle Company . They also sell tickets on a walk up basis . There will be someone with a portable CC machine or will accept cash.

Cost is $15 per person. You can buy them online . Airport customers have priority over the Richmond hotels.

https://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/cruise-ship-transfers

Thanks!

Would you happen to know the current taxi cost from Canada Place to YVR for 2 people?

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a 1-day so only a small carry-on bag, SEA-YVR.

It was REALLY easy to get from Canada Place to the train station to take the Canada Line to the airport. It was $3.30, US, charged to my credit card. I had to try 3 machines to get one to work. They certainly were not wanting to take US bills but some folks had used the nearby ATM machines and had Canadian bills and the machines were not taking those either! The 3rd time was the charm and it took my card.

Signage was good so easy to find the right train. I had spent some time online before the trip checking out the transportation website so I knew what to look for. Also, I happen to get great directions (he had even made his own map!!) from a gentleman in the cruise terminal who was there to help people by answering questions.

The walk was flat and easy as long as you took the elevator (I was told there was an escalator too but I didn't see it) from the lower level (where the busses are) of the cruise terminal to the street level. I just walked up the sloped car ramp since I was traveling so light (and I'm not young!); it wasn't a problem at all.

You can see a station entrance for the Waterfront station when you get to street level but I was told not to use that one but to walk just past it to Cordova street, turn left, and walk a little ways to the red building with the white columns--and it was marked as the station too. Easy after that!

Only about 30 minutes to get to the airport then easy to get to the terminal.

Thanks to all in this thread who suggested taking the train--appreciate the heads-up and the cost savings. I'd readily do it again even with luggage!!

• 2 years later...
We use the Princess shuttle. One nice thing about using the shuttle in Vancouver is that the last night of the cruise you put your luggage out and they take it to the airport for you. when you arrive at your terminal they have the luggage set up in a small area set aside for Princess passengers, sorted by disembarkation group colors. ( at least that was how it was the last couple of times we did it - including May of this year).

Works well for us.

Does the Princess transfer still do this? Thanks.