Reykjavik Hotels

brownie9

We are taking a 19 hour layover in Reykjavik on our way to our cruise out of Coppenhagen. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Reykjavik? Don't really need fancy as we are only there for a few hour but do want clean..

Diane

Brownie9

Lots of good options in all price ranges. For location you want something with 101 (local postal code) in the address.

I'd suggest checking Hotels on the Reykjavik page on TripAdvisor to be able to sort by location and price and whatever other amenities you require

• 1 month later...
We are taking a 19 hour layover in Reykjavik on our way to our cruise out of Coppenhagen. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Reykjavik? Don't really need fancy as we are only there for a few hour but do want clean..

Diane

Brownie9

Hello Diane,

We also are looking at a 19 hour layover there! Are you cruising RCI Serenade on 5/6/18 by any chance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got back from Iceland a few weeks ago. We stayed at Hotel Odinsve. It was nice and not too expensive. It's located near the church Hallgrimskirkja. It's also close to Laugavegur which is the Main Street with shops and food. Just a piece of info though. If you stay in the town part of Reykjavik the airport shuttles and buses along with buses for tours can't pick up and drop off right at your hotel. So you may have to walk a little bit with your luggage. We had to walk about 4 blocks from our stop to the hotel. If you are a heavy packer this may be a hassle for you since you are there for a short time. I'm a navy packer so this would've been a hassle for a short stay. Since we had a weeks stay it was fine. Some hotels you can be dropped off directly at which I'm not sure how you know which ones are. Reykjavik is great!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Reykjavik 1 night pre-cruise and we are considering staying at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica. Has anyone stayed at this hotel and has good or bad experiences to report or if you know the approx. distance to the Cruiseship terminal.

Thank You

We've stayed there. On the plus side, it's exactly what you'd expect out of a Hilton, which means it has very little Icelandic charm, other than the staff who are great. On the minus side, it's a much longer walk to restaurants and shopping than most Reykjavik hotels are. When we stayed there they offered guests a free bus pass, but we walked instead of having to rely on bus schedules.

You want something in the 101 postal code for city convenience. Don't worry about distance to the ship, you can get a pretty cheap cab for that part of your stay.

• 7 months later...
Can anyone recommend a luxury hotel in Reykjavik? Or, if not luxury, at least upscale. We are planning on staying for about a week.

Many thanks!

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica, not sure if you consider Hilton luxury but it was clean and nice for our 1 night pre cruise. It is not directly in the city center so if you prefer to be directly in city center, this would not be your choice. It is about a 20 min+ walk from hotel to city center or you could taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are presently at Eyja Guldsmeden and loving our choice. By nature I seek out elegant boutique hotels whenever we travel. The hotel is located we just one block above the main drag (so nice and quiet)and have marvelous water views (watched an MSC behemoth cruise out a couple of hours ago). It is a charming high design boutique hotel with terrific friendly service. We needed a hotel with on site parking as we have had a rental car and did not want to mess with street or garage parking and this place delivers with our car parked at the front door.The bed is comfortable and the room is well designed and bright. I would only stay here again should we return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Alda Hotel. We were placed there by the tour service, Nordic Visitor, that we worked with for our land tour of Iceland. We actually stayed there twice, both at the beginning and end of our tour.

The hotel is modern and clean with comfortable beds. It is conveniently located on the main shopping street, Laugavegur, about a twenty minute walk from the Harpa and fifteen minutes from the Hallgrimskirkja. Several excellent restaurants were nearby.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They helped us with a problem that we had with Icelandair reservations. The hotel provides you with a cell phone during your stay.

There is a nice breakfast buffet which was included.