Storing Luggage after Cruise

OK. Sorry. I knew what I was talking about.;) Forgot the west coast is a big place. I sleep when you're awake which is why I didn't respond. You are correct it is San Diego. I have looked but can't see any option.

One option is to take a post-cruise tour sponsored by your ship. The tour will end at the airport and will carry the luggage in the bus hold.

You can check your luggage in at the airport up to 4 hours prior to your flight. There are no luggage locker or storage areas within either the pier facilities or at the airport, for security reasons.

I have not used this fairly new service, but have read about it; would suggest contacting them well before your trip:

http://www.sdairportluggage.com/

I guess either pay $14 a case or hire a car - I'm still surprised that you can't leave your luggage in lockers at the airport. But there really isn't any other way.

You should not be surprised. With all of the post 9/11 security measures, they really don't want people to be able to lock unknown parcels into lockers in an airport and then leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people manage this by taking their luggage to a nearby hotel, and "fibbing" to the bell hop that you will be checking into the hotel later in the day and want to check your luggage until that time. For a small tip ($2-3 per bag), they may store your luggage.