Rick Steves Snapshots if I have Northern European Cruise Ports?

Cascade1911

Like the title says, we have "Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports". Would it be worth purchasing any of the "Snapshot" books for the various ports covered by the former? Also, does anyone recommend any other guides for the Baltic? We'll be stoping Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburgh, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and three ports in Denmark.

I browsed some Snapshots books at the library for our last cruise because we were going to British Isles ports not included in the Northern European Cruise Ports books (e.g. Dublin), and comparing the Snapshots I browsed to the Cruise Ports book, the Snapshots seemed to be pretty much the same information -- just more information that would not really be relevant to a short cruise stop (e.g. information about hotels or day trips) . . . although it would probably be useful having one for your embarkation/disembarkation port if you were spending a few days there.

When in doubt, browse before buying!

I read several guide books before our Baltic cruise, but none of them covered the ports as well as the Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports did. It became my "bible" for our cruise.

I agree. We did the Baltic this summer and Rick Steves was a great help. Worth every penny. Used Mediterranean book the summer before. Also a great book. Next year though our cruise leaves Amsterdam for Scotland Iceland and Norway. No one book covers all 3 countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I agree. We did the Baltic this summer and Rick Steves was a great help. Worth every penny. Used Mediterranean book the summer before. Also a great book. Next year though our cruise leaves Amsterdam for Scotland Iceland and Norway. No one book covers all 3 countries. /quote]

We also used both of his books for the same trips. Unfortunately, I forgot it for the Med cruise but cut out the portion for Amsterdam and took it with me since we spent 2 days pre-and post-cruise there.

Sue

I received "Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports" for Christmas and it has been a great help in planning for our May cruise. I used his highlights to arrange a private tour in St Petersburg as we did not want to self tour there. We've also planned out pre-and post cruise days using suggestions for Stockholm and Bergen from this book. I've always found his books great additions to our travel library.