Seaside Yacht Club Cabanas

Dr. Cocktail

Looking at all the videos I've seen so far, it appears that (again) there's not much shade in the Yacht Club pool deck but there are 8 cabanas.

I know that there's a similar set-up on Meriviglia ... are they renting them by the day or the week? Also, do people know if you can book them in advance or only on the ship?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm interested in this too but I thought there were only two and that was for the Deluxe Suites or whatever they are called (I'm in the YC in a balcony, YC1). Since there are only two on the ship and two cabanas I thought I had read they are just for those suites but I hope I am wrong. I would book now if I could but VERY much hoping once the ship gets to Miami, we will start seeing umbrellas. All other lines have them and hoping Seaside will follow. Guess time will tell.

I agree with OP - there seems to be about 8. When introduced meraviglia there were 3. Someone posted that these three were for the 2 Royal Suites and 1 for spa. Being they have 2 Royal Suites on seaside i would say others up for grab.if they keep same rules. Not sure how they are going to handle. Maybe as the seaside gets to warmer waters we may find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with OP - there seems to be about 8. When introduced meraviglia there were 3. Someone posted that these three were for the 2 Royal Suites and 1 for spa. Being they have 2 Royal Suites on seaside i would say others up for grab.if they keep same rules. Not sure how they are going to handle. Maybe as the seaside gets to warmer waters we may find out.

Agreed ... I think that going to "first come, first served" will be a disaster with "cabana hogging" and people leaving their stuff all day as they go for meals. My guess is they will go to a fee based model - less as a money maker and more as a disincentive.

The cabanas are available on a first come first served basis. But, get your wallet out, they are 149$ per sea day and 99$ per port day.

Thanks for taking the time, trouble and expense to comment on this while you're on vacation!

I read your other post and am happy that you're having a good time.

I'm just gobsmacked that MSC has NOT corrected the largest shortcoming on their Yacht Club pool decks which is the complete lack of shade. The Haven provides either a covered pool and umbrellas or pergolas and umbrellas. How hard is it to buy a bunch of large umbrellas?!

The price of the cabanas is extortionate - Cabanas on HAL and NCL are usually $299 - for the week. In the case of HAL, it actually includes a private deck, meal service and sparkling wine and is available to any cabin category booked.

Let's see how many cabanas actually sell for $149 a day ... I think that this pricing will very quickly become "dynamic" in nature!

The cabanas are available on a first come first served basis. But, get your wallet out, they are 149$ per sea day and 99$ per port day.

good day - are u currently on the seaside:

- is it the same as on the Meraviglia that the Royal Suites get one automatically

- can the cost of the cabana be booked in advance or only on the ship?

thanking you in advance,

good day - are u currently on the seaside:

- is it the same as on the Meraviglia that the Royal Suites get one automatically

- can the cost of the cabana be booked in advance or only on the ship?

thanking you in advance,

Hi! Nice for you and your friends that have both the cabanas! ENJOY!!

I hope to purchase for port and sea days. I'm hoping I can do this prior to boarding if not, I guess

I will have to stress and try to get on early to book with concierge LOL If there are umbrellas, that will

be fine, otherwise, I do not like to bake in the sun and I can't have my mom out there doing the same :o

I guess we really won't know how this works until the first few sailings in Miami. Can't wait!

sooooooo - are u saying that the Royal Suites do have their own cabanas at no charge?>>??>>

No. I thought I read it somewhere but really have no idea. It would be nice to have one whenever you wanted so good luck!!

There are eight cabanas, all with a notice in stating the price. There doesn't seem to be any reserved either for the best suites or for spa purposes. Compared to the meraviglia there appears to be very little shade for when the sun is hot, although, in my opinion there was too much shade on the meraviglia. Certainly, though, there is good shade in the eating areas both port and starboard, (one side for smokers) with about eight tables well covered. At present it seems, that anybody can walk into the yo yacht club area, because 1) there is no signage and 2) the lock system does not work. When we approached Messina the other morning there was well in excess of 100 people in the area.

There are eight cabanas, all with a notice in stating the price. There doesn't seem to be any reserved either for the best suites or for spa purposes. Compared to the meraviglia there appears to be very little shade for when the sun is hot, although, in my opinion there was too much shade on the meraviglia. Certainly, though, there is good shade in the eating areas both port and starboard, (one side for smokers) with about eight tables well covered. At present it seems, that anybody can walk into the yo yacht club area, because 1) there is no signage and 2) the lock system does not work. When we approached Messina the other morning there was well in excess of 100 people in the area.

just out of curiosity - being that the Yacht Club is all inclusive - what are u exactly getting for $149.00 - just shade?????

just out of curiosity - being that the Yacht Club is all inclusive - what are u exactly getting for $149.00 - just shade?????

I could not resist. If you are like me and ever tried to sit out on the One Pool Deck you would probably consider paying $149.00 just for some shade...LOL!! Paying for shade...hmmmmm...wait till NCL hears about this!! :')

I could not resist. If you are like me and ever tried to sit out on the One Pool Deck you would probably consider paying $149.00 just for some shade...LOL!! Paying for shade...hmmmmm...wait till NCL hears about this!! :')

I'm sure FDR has that somewhere on his list after he gets through the latest round of gratuity increases....for our convenience of course.

Yes, but for now Haven and pool areas on NCL do have shade.

I, too, will be very disappointed if there are no umbrellas for the loungers in the YC area. I am sailing in February but also have a YC booked February 2019 but if I can't use the pool/outside area, I am going to move although already thinking of moving my booking to Celebrity Edge for February 2019.

Anyway, I hope once the ship gets to Miami, we will see some umbrellas but this may not happen until the summer months and months of guests complaining.

I’ve seen complaints about the lack of shade in YC on Divina. I made sure I made MSC aware of how I felt. I was hoping the omission would be corrected on Seaside. Guess it hasn’t. Very disappointing and definitely a deal breaker for us. To make it even worse we tried to find loungers on the shade on the regular pool deck one port day. Nonexistent. They have kiosks set up with tables sand chairs for the paying customers in the area over the overhang that usually has lounge chairs.

I’ve seen complaints about the lack of shade in YC on Divina. I made sure I made MSC aware of how I felt. I was hoping the omission would be corrected on Seaside. Guess it hasn’t. Very disappointing and definitely a deal breaker for us. To make it even worse we tried to find loungers on the shade on the regular pool deck one port day. Nonexistent. They have kiosks set up with tables sand chairs for the paying customers in the area over the overhang that usually has lounge chairs.

I can tell you if there are no umbrellas set up once it gets to Miami and there is no shade for loungers in the YC area, I will most certainly sail my paid in full February 2018 cruise but I will probably jump ship for my booked YC 2019 cruise on Seaside. If I cannot use the outside area to lay outside without shade, I will be bummed since I just want to veg and relax on vacation.

Maybe they will come out and be brought on once in Miami (I'm hoping).

I can tell you if there are no umbrellas set up once it gets to Miami and there is no shade for loungers in the YC area, I will most certainly sail my paid in full February 2018 cruise but I will probably jump ship for my booked YC 2019 cruise on Seaside. If I cannot use the outside area to lay outside without shade, I will be bummed since I just want to veg and relax on vacation.

Maybe they will come out and be brought on once in Miami (I'm hoping).

I'm with you on this one .... unfortunately, I don't have high hopes as they've never added umbrellas to Divina.

It would have been so easy to place built-in pergolas around the back perimeter of the Yacht Club pool to provide some permanent shade while leaving the side portions in direct sun.

I've always loved the gigantic umbrellas in The Haven.

We sailed the Yacht Club on Divina 3 times and all 3 times we let them know (concierge, and final survey) that they really need to provide some shade.

Since the last time we sailed I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma and cannot sit in the sun at all. I am so disappointed that there is no shade on the Seaside One Deck. I cant believe MSC refuses to listen to their passengers concerns. :-(

I don't understand why head office has a "thing" against pool umbrellas. I have a feeling that they somehow feel it impedes the overall design aesthetic.

People have argued about the wind but they work very well (usually!) in the high, forward open Haven decks.

I agree umbrellas would be nice, but unless it is crowded up there, especially on sea days, I thought there were some areas that ended up being in the shade, though maybe not an peak sun hours.

As to cabana costs, on Princess the cabanas are $99 for half day and $189 for full day, although they come with free drinks which are not generally included on Princess. For the relative discount of YC to Haven I'd still come out ahead paying for a cabana every day.

We will be on Seaside YC in February too, and we will let you know how it works out!

I don't understand why head office has a "thing" against pool umbrellas. I have a feeling that they somehow feel it impedes the overall design aesthetic.

People have argued about the wind but they work very well (usually!) in the high, forward open Haven decks.