MSC USA website - Fully booked when choosing 1 passenger

GateGuardian

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Whenever I look at cruises for 1 it says everything is fully booked, but when I change to 2 people it says its available.

Yes this is a common practice from MSC. They try to avoid solo cruisers. Anyhow there is no solo discount, so if you wish to travel solo, you will have to pay for two passengers.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Whenever I look at cruises for 1 it says everything is fully booked, but when I change to 2 people it says its available.

They only allow a limited # of solo cruisers that is why you book it early.

Hope you don't mind me tagging on to your thread, but I found the same thing when trying to book 1 person last week.

I have heard about the fictitious second person, but don't you have to enter a passport # that would be real and checkable?

.....and they don't give you grief if that person doesn't show up?

Had to do this for a friend that wanted to travel with us. Must book a fictitious roommate - you'll get the taxes credited to your credit card when your roommate is a no-show at the pier.

Royal Caribbean does the same thing. They would not confirm me as a single on Harmony of the Seas in October, so I booked my husband with me and he was a no show. They credited back his port charged to my credit card after the cruise.

Had to do this for a friend that wanted to travel with us. Must book a fictitious roommate - you'll get the taxes credited to your credit card when your roommate is a no-show at the pier.

Thanks for posting this. I did not know. Once my husband had to cancel and I went alone on the cruise. Nobody had a problem with the no show, but also no one mention any tax refund...