You'd think Seaside was the only MSC ship!

Lambo62

What it needs is the ability to sort by ship or opt just to see general MSC posts. Then everyone could just see what they are interested in.

When Divina was first heading to the US, it was similar - nothing but 'Divina' threads. At the time, another (once regular) posted a similar suggestion: i.e. have a dedicated 'Divina' sub-forum. It never came about and a lot of regular posters were lost on here as a result.

It has also been suggested that the forum be split into US sailings/and the rest. I would prefer to see this being done because MSC operates different policies onboard, depending on whether the onboard currency is Euros or US dollars. It can lead to a lot of confusion when someone states something categorically and others infer that the statement applies to all ships. For example: "Food is complimentary in the Sports Bar". Yes, it is, but ONLY ON DIVINA (at present - it's yet to be confirmed for Seaside). Another is "Water is free in the MDR" - again, only on ships homeporting in the US or for those with US bookings.

For those making smart comments about the OP, Lambo is expressing what, I'm sure, a lot on here are thinking. Every time someone thinks of a question they have about Seaside, another thread is started! There's no need for this. Before Meraviglia sailed, most had the common sense to add questions, thoughts, opinions, etc. to the one, ongoing thread about the ship.

Just sayin, so many Seaside posts!

There will be more, just as there was with Divina and as there will be with Seaview and Bellisima.

The issue is that people are too lazy to do a search to check that there is already an open thread on what the new Thread starter is asking their question on.

A agree with Bea, the ships need their own sub folders.

It has also been suggested that the forum be split into US sailings/and the rest. I would prefer to see this being done because MSC operates different policies onboard, depending on whether the onboard currency is Euros or US dollars. It can lead to a lot of confusion when someone states something categorically and others infer that the statement applies to all ships. .

Couldn't agree more.

Very well said, Beamafar. Often a perk or freebie that’s offered on, say, the UK, Canadian or US site isn’t available on the European one for the same ship and itinerary. That often leads to confusion. You’re spot on about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said, Beamafar. Often a perk or freebie that’s offered on, say, the UK, Canadian or US site isn’t available on the European one for the same ship and itinerary. That often leads to confusion. You’re spot on about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of irritating they do that though. Certainly being UK based, it's been a commonly repeated thing (for anything, not just cruises) that we are 'happy' to pay more for the same thing than others, and we will 'put up with' higher pricing - I can attest it's not the case for me personally!! I know the contract differs slightly in that we get ABTA protection or whatever, but it's usually not worth the premium. Also other policies such as American guests getting free bottled water - I just don't get it.

I know with NCL I can book on an American contract if I want to (I have done so for my Breakaway cruise next July, at a saving of nearly £500/c. $650 per person), but when trying to do the same with MSC, on a popular T/A's website it explicitly states ' Fares are for U.S. and Canadian residents only' - so I don't have the choice to pay in USD and adhere to US terms of the contract.

Sorry for the O/T post - happy to start a new thread on this if need be!

For those making smart comments about the OP, Lambo is expressing what, I'm sure, a lot on here are thinking. Every time someone thinks of a question they have about Seaside, another thread is started! There's no need for this. Before Meraviglia sailed, most had the common sense to add questions, thoughts, opinions, etc. to the one, ongoing thread about the ship.

Oh yes.

I get the excitement (count me in), this is the new IT ship not just for MSC but for the whole industry as it´s something completely new and different to anything else at sea. While Divina back then or Bellisima for example are beautiful they are just new ships, there´s nothing really groundbreaking. So ok, I do get the excitement, but there are way too many posts for a simple question that could be asked on the many posts there are for all questions. Seaside smoothies, Seaside pizza, dancing on seaside, lanyards on Seaside, coffee on Seaside, mustering on Seaside, gelato on Seaside... and it goes on and on.