Help booking internet package please.....

Shippy

I am on the Seaside in a YC cabin next month.

I like to use the internet for browsing, checking email & playing games....

Th cheaper package is $40 something and the other $79 to add before we cruise.

I am just assuming we need the more expense one to get enough time. Unfortunately it does not go by time just usage which I do not understand.

Does anyone know if that is for one device. Also, is there any better discount onboard for YC ?

should I just wait to get onboard or add it now?

Thanks

On Divina a couple of months ago I pre-purchased the Streamer package, it went on "sale" about a month later so I was able to cancel and re-order at the lower price. It was the same as on Seaside now in that it included 1500MB (plus a bonus 20% yielding 1800MB) of data. That data amount is basically like a cell phone account and can be shared by different devices. It is not based on time logged in, but on how much data you are using/receiving. I never tried using more than one device at the same time, but assume it is possible as it records the amount of data usage for each device. I don't do internet games which can be more data intensive, I used it daily for checking email, posting to forums, checking in to the airline, etc... My spouse used it for Facebook and the like. We only used about 200MB total over the week. On Divina it was the same $79 on board as it was normally on-line, only exception for the few days it went on "sale". I really think it was a mistake as that is when they were having all the package pricing change issues.

With my Seaside booking I was given the Surfer package (800Mb plus 20% = 960MB) as a promotion and will not try to upgrade, especially since additional data can be added at a reasonable rate. MSC may have a priority system in place limiting the lesser package's bandwidth as the Surfer package states no audio or video. Sites like Netflix and Pandora are probably blocked. For ship internet I found Divina fairly fast, so if my Seaside Surfer package is intentionally slowed down it won't really bother me.

• 2 months later...

I was on Seaside back to back cruises and had the middle internet package included for free. You can only connect 2 devices for that one, and online games will not work. I think the online games will work with the most expensive package but not 100% sure. That package supports 4 devices. By the way I tried connecting more than 2 devices and I could not circumvent the restriction.