Upgrading from Mealtime drinks package to Classic or Deluxe All-inclusive - Seaside

Vballny23

Hoping that someone might find this helpful. My family and I (twins are 10) are booked on Seaside 2/17 (7 nights) and we are booked in a Fantastica Balcony cabin. As part of the package booked, we have the mealtime drink package. I called MSC this morning to inquire about cost to upgrade to Classic or Deluxe all-inclusive drink package and this is what I was told:

Classic: For 2 adults it is $399. For 2 children, it was $182. So, total for 4 of us to upgrade from mealtime to classic is $581

Deluxe: For 2 adults it is an additional $112 on top of the $399, so $511. There is no Deluxe kids package. So total to upgrade to Deluxe is $693.

As always, YMMV, but this is what I was quoted.

Thanks. I called and asked about the price to upgrade our drink package on MSC Seaside in February and the CS first said that can only be done on the ship. Told her on cruise critic I'd read many had been able to do so via the CS phone line and she changed to No, not that I know of anyway I never heard of it and don't know how to do it. I've got a day off work tomorrow to try to sort that and hopefully get my status match sorted as well. Happy Cruising :)

Thanks. I called and asked about the price to upgrade our drink package on MSC Seaside in February and the CS first said that can only be done on the ship. Told her on cruise critic I'd read many had been able to do so via the CS phone line and she changed to No, not that I know of anyway I never heard of it and don't know how to do it. I've got a day off work tomorrow to try to sort that and hopefully get my status match sorted as well. Happy Cruising :)

I have the same issue, I told the agent the code to use and she wanted to know where I had got the information. Anyway she called MSC and then called me back and said fine it would be £70 for the 2 of us. So I paid for this. Then about an hour later I had a voice mail from another agent from same company saying sorry it wasn’t possible and the only way I could try to upgrade was on ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never sailed with MSC before, but will be on the Seaside in June. We are in the Yacht Club, and I know that drinks are "included", but would that be the classic or deluxe package? And what are the distinctions between them. Are most drinks available in the classic package, and the deluxe is more high end liquors?

Thank in advance.

We have never sailed with MSC before, but will be on the Seaside in June. We are in the Yacht Club, and I know that drinks are "included", but would that be the classic or deluxe package? And what are the distinctions between them. Are most drinks available in the classic package, and the deluxe is more high end liquors?

Thank in advance.

YC guests have the Deluxe (Premium) package included. Everything on the bar menus that doesn't have 2 asterisks next to them is included. Items with 2 asterisks denotes that they are Super Premium and are not included in any packages. On the YC bar menu, there aren't any prices shown except for those items that are not included.

The following shows the distinctions between the two:

ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are excluded), liqueurs and cordials, wide range of cocktails, a selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, energy drinks, coolers, canned sodas, fruit juices, Premium mineral water, Premium coffees and coffee-based drinks, hot chocolate delights and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, restaurants, and speciality restaurants. The following items are excluded: Premium spirt brands, tobacco, bottles of wine and champagne, souvenir glasses, fresh fruit drinks, minibar and mineral water provided in the cabin, drinks delivered through room service and food served in the specialty restaurants and theme bars.

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE A. Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited consumption of premium spirits, classic and premium cocktails, selection of fine wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, soft drinks, juices, premium mineral water, coffee-based drinks, chocolate-based specialties, non-alcoholic cocktails, smoothies, milk shakes, energy drinks, drinks and snacks from the minibar, drinks ordered through room service, as well as delights from thematic bar menus, fresh fruit cocktails, freshly squeezed juices, and food from the room service menu. Bottles of wine and champagne are not included in the package; however, when purchased in restaurants and bars, will be available at 30% discount from the menu price. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses and food served in the specialty restaurants. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants including the specialty restaurants (minibar included).

Telling people to upgrade on the ship is their way of being Lazy and passing the book.!

As far as I know you cannot upgrade on the ship.

Called back and got a different CS who said let me check if the option is there so evidently in a lot of cases it is just a selection for them. Upgrading us from classic to the top all inclusive plan which I think is called the "Deluxe" now is $112 and I haven't made up my mind as yet. Mainly wondering can we get a bottle of water when leaving the ship on the Classic plan? Or do we have to buy it? Guessing buy it. I have some insulated cups I could take and fill with water before we leave if that's allowed. I'm thinking an occasional bottle of water from the mini bar or when leaving the ship is the main perk of the Deluxe we'd utilize. Not sure that's worth $112. Surely they can't charge that much for bottled water, can they?

Mainly wondering can we get a bottle of water when leaving the ship on the Classic plan? Or do we have to buy it?

Bottled water is included in the classic package:

ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are excluded), liqueurs and cordials, wide range of cocktails, a selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, energy drinks, coolers, canned sodas, fruit juices, Premium mineral water, Premium coffees and coffee-based drinks, hot chocolate delights and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, restaurants, and speciality restaurants. The following items are excluded: Premium spirt brands, tobacco, bottles of wine and champagne, souvenir glasses, fresh fruit drinks, minibar and mineral water provided in the cabin, drinks delivered through room service and food served in the specialty restaurants and theme bars.

Thank you, Beamafar! You are much better at spotting that than I was.

Thank in advance.

Hello. We sailed in the YC on the Divana and sailing once again YC on the Seaside in February. Every kind of drink with the best top shelf liquor is available. You will love it.

Bea,

I posted this question in a different thread, but didn’t get a definitive answer. When I talked to MSC customer service, they said YC guests have the classic drink package rather than the deluxe. He even tried to upsell me to the deluxe package for $122. Is this info incorrect? He seemed unsure, but actually put me on hold to speak with a supervisor about it.

Thanks.

There are very few things that I would state definitively on here as MSC are forever moving the goalposts. But one thing I'm positive about is that the deluxe (premium) package is included in YC bookings since the benefit was introduced last April. I know because I had it in YC on Meraviglia last June. The only items not included are marked with 2 asterisks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I was able to upgrade myself for $56 yesterday. I was previously told that every adult in the cabin would have to upgrade but they were able to do it!!

Hi which package did you already have and which package did you upgrade to?

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
Bea,

I posted this question in a different thread, but didn’t get a definitive answer. When I talked to MSC customer service, they said YC guests have the classic drink package rather than the deluxe. He even tried to upsell me to the deluxe package for $122. Is this info incorrect? He seemed unsure, but actually put me on hold to speak with a supervisor about it.

Thanks.

This is EXACTLY what I was told yesterday (7/13/18) and the same amount - by two different folks at MSC. I thought it was nickel and diming so I didn't end up booking the YC as a result... Hum.... now I am wondering