American Cruise Line- Constitution (New River Cruisers!)

Hannah32

My husband and I were recently gifted a cruising experience on the American Constitution. We will be leaving out of Boston in two weeks. We will go to Massachusetts, Maine, and Rhode Island. We have been on many Royal Caribbean and Carnival ocean cruises but this will be our first experience with a river cruise. I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate help answering!

-If anyone has been to the ports in these areas, we would love suggestions for things you have done there that you loved. We shy away from walking/bus tours as we like to go out on our own most of the time.

-Can we bring alcohol from home onto the ship? Or purchase it in port and bring it back?

-Does anyone have experience on this cruise that can speak to the wifi connectivity? I will unfortunately be studying for an exam while onboard and it would alleviate a bit of stress to know I will be able to access the internet.

Any other tip/tricks that experienced cruisers have are welcome here!

We found out we were going on this cruise yesterday and we leave in two weeks so we are scrambling to find out information! Thanks in advance!

They don't run thing thru an xray machine like the big cruiselines. Carry-on whatever you want!!

The ship does have free wi-fi that is based on available cell service. You should probably have ok, but not full-time access in New England.

My husband and I were recently gifted a cruising experience on the American Constitution. We will be leaving out of Boston in two weeks. We will go to Massachusetts, Maine, and Rhode Island. We have been on many Royal Caribbean and Carnival ocean cruises but this will be our first experience with a river cruise. I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate help answering!

-If anyone has been to the ports in these areas, we would love suggestions for things you have done there that you loved. We shy away from walking/bus tours as we like to go out on our own most of the time.

-Can we bring alcohol from home onto the ship? Or purchase it in port and bring it back?

-Does anyone have experience on this cruise that can speak to the wifi connectivity? I will unfortunately be studying for an exam while onboard and it would alleviate a bit of stress to know I will be able to access the internet.

We found out we were going on this cruise yesterday and we leave in two weeks so we are scrambling to find out information! Thanks in advance!

We are currently cruising in the same area, aboard a different ACL ship though. Internet connectivity can be somewhat problematic. It is dependent upon ship location as well as where on the ship you are trying to connect from. Currently I am posting from one of the passenger reading lounges. Connectivity in our stateroom (only three cabins away) is more "hit or miss". Good luck.

As previously noted, feel comfortable bringing aboard any wine you wish, no scanning at boarding. I assume you are familiar with the evening cocktail hour (complimentary) and also complimentary beer and wine at lunch and dinner -- never inquired about breakfast.

Enjoy your cruise, and good luck with the exam.

NRayH

Edited by Ray in NH
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you enjoyed your cruise! Please do post a review...

• 4 weeks later...