Costa Victoria

jonad

We are cruising on the Victoria on the 28th October in the Indian Ocean (Maritius, Seychelles, Reuinion etc). Our last cruise on Costa Victoria was in Asia in May 2012.

I've read several reviews since our last booking, and most of them not so good....the ship is old and tired etc etc. I know its certainly not one of the newest glitzy Costa ships and the cabins are small etc. BUT can anybody who has recently been on her give me a review..eg the quality of the food, the entertainment, the service, the staff?

Do they still have the water and wine packages available?

With thanks.

Morning Jonad, we are booked on the same cruise but on the 10th Nov from Mauritius. I wasn't happy with reviews either, have been on few Costa cruises and yeah can say most of them were a bit old and shabby, but the food has always been good and entertainment was excellent which to me make make a good cruise--just got to shut your eyes and have a great time :-) If you go to the Costa site and put in your booking number you will be able to see all the drink packages available on our cruise..and they are pre bookable...the cost of the packages are very good ...more or less than half the cost than the american cruiselines...Hope this helps Kind regards

We are cruising on the Victoria on the 28th October in the Indian Ocean (Maritius, Seychelles, Reuinion etc). Our last cruise on Costa Victoria was in Asia in May 2012.

I've read several reviews since our last booking, and most of them not so good....the ship is old and tired etc etc. I know its certainly not one of the newest glitzy Costa ships and the cabins are small etc. BUT can anybody who has recently been on her give me a review..eg the quality of the food, the entertainment, the service, the staff?

Do they still have the water and wine packages available?

With thanks.

Morning Jonad, we are booked on the same cruise but on the 10th Nov from Mauritius. I wasn't happy with reviews either, have been on few Costa cruises and yeah can say most of them were a bit old and shabby, but the food has always been good and entertainment was excellent which to me make make a good cruise--just got to shut your eyes and have a great time :-) If you go to the Costa site and put in your booking number you will be able to see all the drink packages available on our cruise..and they are pre bookable...the cost of the packages are very good ...more or less than half the cost than the american cruiselines...Hope this helps Kind regards

Thanks for you reply elle712. We used to be Gold/Pearl members and got a good discount on the drinks packages in the past, but we've now lost that privilege not having cruised Costa for a few years.

So you embark the day we disembark. I agree with your thoughts though. We tend to just look at the good points and ignore the not so good......as long as the food is good (which my husband enjoys) and the entertainment and the islands, we'll be happy. :)

Fear not!

We were on Victoria for a week in May and managed to have quite a good time although the ship is certainly way past her best. It’s old but clean. For me, there wasnt enough choice of bars to sit in as they were always using them for bingo or something else.

The food was fantastic but we ate in the club restaurant for every meal as we are Perla diamanté. They might be selling club restaurant packages once you are on board.

We got everything we would get on any Costa ship and if we got a good deal we would go on Victoria again - especially with a good itinerary.

Caryl

Thank you Caryl,

I like your heading 'fear not'......

We aren't fussy people so as long as its clean and we have good food, entertainment and good company, we'll be right.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you Caryl,

I like your heading 'fear not'......

We aren't fussy people so as long as its clean and we have good food, entertainment and good company, we'll be right.

:)

Hey Nadia, quick hello - long time no hear - hope you are keeping well - I'll jump back in my box now - great you are around again ;p

Hi Jonad and everyone.

Nice to hear from you, and to hear the reassurances about the Victoria. We're bringing her down for you from Savona and then staying on for two weeks from 28 October. We're not seasoned cruisers by any means, but have been on the Pacifica a couple of times this year and really enjoyed the food and entertainment (although some of the shows were becoming, shall we say, a little familiar by the end of the second cruise)! The Victoria did get a bit of a refit when it came back from Asia in April, so perhaps it isn't looking too bad. As Caryl said, as long as it's clean...

Hello Dizzy....OMG its been a long time and yes we are 'still around' LOL. We've done a bit of cruising over the last few years, but the last Costa was Deliziosa in 2013. We are excited to be on Costa again after so long. We are both well, thank you.

Hi Caspall. That is bad luck you can't post your pictures. I've noticed on some posts passengers are saying there is no water provided at the dining table and it must be purchased. Was it like that in your case? Though to be honest we normally buy a drinks package of 6 wines/7 waters and its more than enough. Any info on that or anything would be appreciated.