Disembarking in Barcelona on Epic using ship's wheelchair assistance

kokopelli-az

We will be disembarking the Epic next month and will be using NCL's wheelchair assistance to do so. We have a private transfer to the airport reserved but are not sure when to tell them to meet us at the pier. It's not like we just walk off the ship when it's cleared because we will have to wait for the wheelchair assistance. The ship arrives at Barcelona at 5am.

Has anyone used the Epic's wheelchair assistance disembarking in Barcelona? What time does it start and what would be a reasonable time to tell our transfer company to meet us? I originally thought about telling them 8am but I don't know if that's reasonable or not. Our plane departs at 11:45 am to Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to the original question, disembarking the Epic in Barcelona on Oct 7 we used the wheelchair assistance, which began at 6:15 am.   We were through the terminal in less than 10 minutes and outside waiting for our ride before 7am.   We had requested an 8am pick-up from our ride service so we had a little over an hour to wait before they arrived.    It was very easy and quick using wheelchair assistance to get off the ship and outside of the terminal.   Actually, one of the quickest disembarkations we have ever done with a wheelchair.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I see you did this cruise 10 years ago, but I am wondering if you have any insight as to whether there are any excursions on this cruise (EPIC from Barcelona to Naples, Florence, Rome, Cannes, Majorca) that are handicap accessible, as my mother cannot walk well at all & is using a motorized scooter.  THANKS!!!

1 hour ago, karak143 said:

Hi, I see you did this cruise 10 years ago, but I am wondering if you have any insight as to whether there are any excursions on this cruise (EPIC from Barcelona to Naples, Florence, Rome, Cannes, Majorca) that are handicap accessible, as my mother cannot walk well at all & is using a motorized scooter.  THANKS!!!

Confused...The OP did this cruise about four months ago.  Epic was not launched until 2010.  EM

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Confused...The OP did this cruise about four months ago.  Epic was not launched until 2010.  EM

Are you able to answer my question about accessibility on this cruise?

my mistake... I meant 1 year ago.  sorry to confuse you.