Shiny New Panorama

chadsjewel

We are looking at booking the Panorama for next year and/or 2020, mostly because it is the new ship and its coming to our coast. We haven't cruised since 2014. We've sailed on the Imagination, Inspiration, Magic, Spirit, Paradise, and the Splendor. We liked the Splendor but it caught fire before we could really enjoy it and wandering around on it for nearly 4 days kind of killed that lol. Liked the Spirit, spent 9 days on it. Loved the Magic. The others don't stand out as liking or not liking. It we are cruising, we are good to go!

We've never sailed a Vista class ship so Im wondering if you can share some things you love or hate about this class ship. . Would you book the Panorama if you already done the itinerary? Tell me your reasons!

Thank you!

Edited by chadsjewel
spacing and edit wording

Been on the Vista and it is a nice ship. It did seem a little tight. It is hard to explain but seemed like a lot was crowded into it. Unlike the Dream, which is like the Magic you were on and i believe is a dream class. So it was a little hard getting around, but wasnt a bad experience at all so yeah, I would sail on the Panorama.

Not booking the Panorama until

Long Beach gets it act together about parking. As it is, there’s not enough parking with the Splendor and two Fantasy Class ships. Doubt that the two extra levels added to the parking structure will help with an even larger ship in port.

Long Beach gets it act together about parking. As it is, there’s not enough parking with the Splendor and two Fantasy Class ships. Doubt that the two extra levels added to the parking structure will help with an even larger ship in port.

Im just catching up about the port changes and I think if we do book, I will do the park and cruise at one of the hotels nearby. I hate dealing with the parking there to begin with. I think Ill have a couple of mimosas in the room and cab/uber over.

Im just catching up about the port changes and I think if we do book, I will do the park and cruise at one of the hotels nearby. I hate dealing with the parking there to begin with. I think Ill have a couple of mimosas in the room and cab/uber over.

If I were driving, this is what I would do. But not driving to my Panorama cruise(s).

So true what a nightmare now after over 30 cruises from there

I’ve been on the Vista and Horizon and would def book the Panorama. The restaurants that are free for lunch are all so good and just make the ships extra enjoyable. The new padded wicker furniture is everywhere and there are so many places to sit and relax in the sun and shade. Very enjoyable, upgraded ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

. Would you book the Panorama if you already done the itinerary? Tell me your reasons!

Thank you!

We have stopped at many of the islands that we've been to before. We just do something at that port that we didn't do the other times we've been there. There's always something new to see or do.

My friend and I are booked for February 2020. We go on cruises to Mexico 1 or 2 times a year. We are going for the ship on this trip. We were booked on the Norwegian Bliss this October but had to cancel at 4 weeks out. I can't wait to try this new ship. I also like that the Dome is now being used for check in. I saw a you tube video about it. We always get a hotel and then take the free shuttle. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Candi

I’ve been on the Vista and Horizon and would def book the Panorama. The restaurants that are free for lunch are all so good and just make the ships extra enjoyable. The new padded wicker furniture is everywhere and there are so many places to sit and relax in the sun and shade. Very enjoyable, upgraded ships.

Ive liked what I am seeing in Vista photos! Are the specialty restaurants free for lunch or do you mean the Guys Burger place and the other included places?

We loved the Spirit too! We had a Havana Premium Balcony on Vista 2 years ago & it was our favorite room on any ship we've been on. We have booked the Havana Cabana for our upcoming Horizon cruise. It is worth every penny. Maybe that's why when I read all the reviews on how crowded the Vista is supposed to feel I don't remember it that way. It's a very private laid back area that feels a little luxurious to me. I would definitely recommend both this class ship & the Havana area. I have always wanted to do a Mexican Riviera cruise so maybe we will take the kiddos & try the Panorama family harbor area one day!

We loved the Spirit too! We had a Havana Premium Balcony on Vista 2 years ago & it was our favorite room on any ship we've been on. We have booked the Havana Cabana for our upcoming Horizon cruise. It is worth every penny. Maybe that's why when I read all the reviews on how crowded the Vista is supposed to feel I don't remember it that way. It's a very private laid back area that feels a little luxurious to me. I would definitely recommend both this class ship & the Havana area. I have always wanted to do a Mexican Riviera cruise so maybe we will take the kiddos & try the Panorama family harbor area one day!

We love the Mexican Riviera itinerary! I keep reading the same reviews about the Vista and Im hoping that staying in the Havana area will help get a way from the crowds. I cant decide between the Havana Cabana or an aft balcony. I love the little patio at the Cabanas but that aft view for a bit more is pulling me.

Thanks for the feedback! To those who have sailed the Vista class, has anyone tried one of the Havana rooms? We are considering splurging for our 20th Anniversary and would love to hear the good and the bad.

We got upgraded to a Havana aft extended balcony last year on the Vista and we loved it. We're booked on the Panorama for July 2020 and decided to book the same room again. We're sailing in the middle of summer during the 4th of July, so we figured we would need a nice quiet area away from the crowds. I convinced my brother and his wife to book the same type of room.

Havana rooms are worth the extra money IMO.

We love the Mexican Riviera itinerary! I keep reading the same reviews about the Vista and Im hoping that staying in the Havana area will help get a way from the crowds. I cant decide between the Havana Cabana or an aft balcony. I love the little patio at the Cabanas but that aft view for a bit more is pulling me.

We've never stayed in an aft balcony BUT the Havana area has that beautiful view so you might not miss it because you can lounge in the pool, hot tubs, deck chairs all day staring at it if you want! I'm pretty sure I accidentally spent an entire sea day doing just that lol. As far as Vista goes though, hubby & I went to the cinema, we played mini golf & several of the games up top, we had no problems hanging out in the sports bar & playing the games in there. The few things we wanted to do but couldn't because we aren't the wait in line types were the sky ride thing, bowling, & the gym always seemed crowded to me. I don't remember ever waiting long for an ATD table or even for lunch. Hope this helps!

As long as you don't care about going to shows, comedy, etc. you will have fun on Panorama. Unfortunately, those are things my wife and I really enjoy, which is why I am not a big fan of Vista class ships. I don't know who came up with the idea to build Carnival's biggest ship to date with the smallest lounges/theaters in the current fleet. And to top it off, let's add terrible sight lines to the lounges too.

I mean Guy’s, Pig and Anchor, Blue Iguana and the Italian and JiJi’s. We thought it was fun to go upstairs to eat in the Italian. Fun to have so many choices and to sit down in a restaurant for lunch. The two upstairs, the Italian and JiJi’s were always quiet and uncrowded and we enjoyed the port views.

I've been on Vista twice; didn't love or hate it. I do like the size for the many options of included food, fun things for my teens to do and overall fun vibe. I am one who does not like the theatre set up. I haven't done many evening shows because of it.

We did book Panorama and were able to get a Havana Cabana for a good rate. Even though it will be pretty much the same as Vista we wanted to try Havana, see a different side of Mexico and my kids have wanted to go to California and Disneyland so this was a nice way to do all of those things.