Is there an age limit to enter the Piano Bar 88?

GayTeenCruiser

I am 16 years old, and about to go on the Carnival Vista on September 30th. Would I be allowed into the Piano Bar 88? I don't plan on ordering alcohol, probably just orange juice and maybe a virgin drink.

***** most of the ships we've sailed lately, there have been signs that the Piano Bar is 18+ after 10:30 PM. The songs and people's actions get very raunchy then.

Enjoy yourself before that time.

I have seen kids younger than you in there early and I have also seen that 1030 pm enforced. I am not sure they enforce the 21+ - I have never seen one marked like the disco 18+

Make sure you go to O2 meet and great the first night. Groups form fast and you likely will meet your cruise friends that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter is 15 and loves hanging in the piano bar with us and ordering non alcoholic drinks. However, we leave with her at 10 because I think it is either 10 or 10:30pm that they make the announcement that it is 18+ over. Have a great time[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am 16 years old, and about to go on the Carnival Vista on September 30th. Would I be allowed into the Piano Bar 88? I don't plan on ordering alcohol, probably just orange juice and maybe a virgin drink.

Until 11pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with go to club O2 on the first night to make friends. Everyone is looking for someone to hang out and groups form that first night.

If you want to enjoy the piano bar please do going with your parents or friends will make it more fun for sure.

***** most of the ships we've sailed lately, there have been signs that the Piano Bar is 18+ after 10:30 PM. The songs and people's actions get very raunchy then.

Enjoy yourself before that time.

The piano bar is our favorite place on the ship at night. Never seen anything "raunchy" - just sing along fun. The song Alice is a popular sing along (in fact the first time I heard it was in the Piano Bar in 2011). It has a four letter word in it that I'm sure 16 year olds have heard these days.

The piano bar is our favorite place on the ship at night. Never seen anything "raunchy" - just sing along fun. The song Alice is a popular sing along (in fact the first time I heard it was in the Piano Bar in 2011). It has a four letter word in it that I'm sure 16 year olds have heard these days.

Piano bar can get VERY raunchy with an adult version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" (often sung with couples participating ON each other) and well as other language substituted in certain songs.

I have taken my 12 year old DD...its a fun place. I think you are technically allowed until 1030 or 11pm. It may have the exact time in the fun times each day.

Have a great time

Thank you for the help, and I don't give a f*** about language in music, so I won't mind.

was this on the vista?

Yes, it was on the Vista and he will be there during your cruise if I read your date correctly. Some of the piano bar players move to an adult show after a certain time, and a few of them do get pretty raunchy.

I noticed there was no “adults only” time in the fun times like there usually is. He started at 9 and played until about 1 am-taking a break around 11. He never asked young people to go, and there were families with quite young children there after 11. He does not play the dirty stuff, even when there are no kids.

He is good. Enjoy yourself.

Thank you for the help, and I don't give a f*** about language in music, so I won't mind.

Just follow the rules. If under 18 or 21 are asked to leave at a certain time, do so.

Based on my experience this varies from ship to ship and is listed in Fun Times. I have seen everything from cruises that never had an age restriction in the piano bar, to cruises where the piano bar was for 18+ only starting as early as 10 PM.

I believe a lot of it is based on the piano player. There is a wide variety in the “shows” put on by the various piano players. For example, the best piano player I have heard on a Carnival ship is Patrick Duffy. His show later in the night is definitely not for the young folks and is also not for anyone who is easily offended.

Huh.

Rules must be different on the Vista than they are on other ships, because the few times we tried to go into the piano bar with my son (who was about 13 at the time) on the Freedom and the Breeze, we were told he couldn't go in. A couple of times we were allowed to take him in (we stayed with him) but most of the time we were told by a waiter or other staff member to get out because he wasn't allowed in there.

On our last cruise (Breeze), we didn't even try when we walked by there and he begged us to go in. I told him no, it's adults only and he was not allowed.

Before anybody says "Well why doesn't he just go to Club O2?", it's because he's autistic and going on vacation, fun as it is, is already hard enough for him because his routine has gone straight out the window. Music is something he really enjoys and it calms him down (even though sometimes he is stimming to beat the band) and he just wanted to hang out with his parents in the cool place with the neato piano. But nope..not for a few more years, anyway.

OP..I wouldn't risk it. You're under 18, you're not going to be buying any drinks so they'll probably toss you out on your ear. Heck, even as an adult, I won't go in there because I got tired of getting nasty looks from both the piano player and the staff because I wasn't throwing fivers the dude's way every 5 min and I didn't buy any drinks.

Just follow the rules. If under 18 or 21 are asked to leave at a certain time, do so.

This! is what I've told my 15 year old and only minor on a family of 10 trip! I reviewed the age rules for all the activities on the Carnival website with him. I know he will be with at least one "major" at all times for various activities. I told him I look for the cruise ship to probably be lax even on their own set rules, but if he is asked to leave or back away from a bar, then respectfully do so. Aside from alcohol and gambling age rules (laws), most are probably set up for the ship to point to if your causing a problem. If he's not causing a problem, I don't anticipate he'll get hassled.