Carnival Dream Cove Balcony Cabin 2414

LaskoGlitter

Hello, all,

Has anyone stayed in cabin #2414 on the Carnival Dream? It is the only non-connecting cove balcony cabin available during the time I wish to sail. It looks to be mid-aft, under the galley, close to the elevators.

I've read complaints of 2412 and 2408 being noisy. Any review of this cabin (2414)? I don't want to spend $1600 for a cabin I won't be able to enjoy (going solo).

Thanks!

Hello, all,

Has anyone stayed in cabin #2414 on the Carnival Dream? It is the only non-connecting cove balcony cabin available during the time I wish to sail. It looks to be mid-aft, under the galley, close to the elevators.

I've read complaints of 2412 and 2408 being noisy. Any review of this cabin (2414)? I don't want to spend $1600 for a cabin I won't be able to enjoy (going solo).

Thanks!

We sailed in 2441 which is the same cabin but on the starboard side as opposed to port.

We heard all kinds of banging and noise from the galley. There was one point where it sounded like the machine they were using was a jackhammer but was probably just some kind of mixer.

However, we loved that cabin and would definitely get again because we are sound sleepers and enjoyed the location so much. We also liked that we had no neighboring balcony on one side. Your tolerance for noise may be very different from ours though. :)

Hi,

I am going solo too, and wanted to try the Cove Balcony. But, like you, only a few non-connecting cabins were available. And, looked like all the available cabins were under the Galley. I just booked last week for my May 2019 cruise.

I just couldn't chance it on the Cove and so I booked a regular Balcony. My lesson learned here .... Book over a year in advance...lol..I'm hoping that would be enough time! :o

Can you write a review on the Cabin when you return? Maybe it isn't as noisy???? Have a wonderful time.

:) Bobbi

Hi,

I am going solo too, and wanted to try the Cove Balcony. But, like you, only a few non-connecting cabins were available. And, looked like all the available cabins were under the Galley. I just booked last week for my May 2019 cruise.

I just couldn't chance it on the Cove and so I booked a regular Balcony. My lesson learned here .... Book over a year in advance...lol..I'm hoping that would be enough time! :o

Can you write a review on the Cabin when you return? Maybe it isn't as noisy???? Have a wonderful time.

:) Bobbi

Bobbi,

I'm not going to chance it. I'd love to try out a Cove Balcony, but not at the risk of being irritated from noise and having my sleep disturbed. I think I'm going to book an Interior and keep my fingers crossed that I'll receive an e-mail for a reduced price upsell (I was able to upgrade my Interior to an OceanView for $94 on my upcoming cruise on the Freedom).

I have to tell you I am a very light sleeper with great hearing. We have stayed in all sorts of rooms and have been warned about noise from some post and never have we been disrupted by noise. However this one time when a bunch of very young teenagers were totally out of control running and banging up and down the halls. Even that came to a quick halt.