AARP - what am I doing wrong?

Oompaland

My parents are purchasing Carnival gift cards for my birthday through their AARP account. They do not have the option to have them sent electronically. Or basically I can’t find that option. I purchased a couple last week and it was automatically sent. Please help. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My parents are purchasing Carnival gift cards for my birthday through their AARP account. They do not have the option to have them sent electronically. Or basically I can’t find that option. I purchased a couple last week and it was automatically sent. Please help. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The egiftcard available on Monday to Friday,

the regular giftcard available everyday.

If you want E gift card, just wait until Monday morning

My impatience is killing me here. LOL The excitement is real when I found out about these gift cards. Just like seeing your cruise price dropped and getting onboard credit. I call or submit the form ASAP. Day or night.

I guess I will chill until Monday...6am too early to check? :')

I've gotten myself (not an AARP member) over 13,000 points in the past month just by doing the quizzes and entering the daily promo code from email. 10% off is nothing to sneeze at!

I linked my Fitbit and it shot up to over 20k points ... lol a nice little bonus. :)

I'm unfamiliar with what I'm reading here and hope someone could explain, as I am interested.

What are you linking your Fitbit to that gives you points?

We just returned from Italy and walked over 100 miles in 2 weeks.

Also, I've heard about using AARP Gift Cards on Carnival, but couldn't find anything on their site (not a member yet, but qualify to be one)

We have a Carnival cruise booked for next April.

Thanks so much!

I'm unfamiliar with what I'm reading here and hope someone could explain, as I am interested.

What are you linking your Fitbit to that gives you points?

We just returned from Italy and walked over 100 miles in 2 weeks.

Also, I've heard about using AARP Gift Cards on Carnival, but couldn't find anything on their site (not a member yet, but qualify to be one)

We have a Carnival cruise booked for next April.

Thanks so much!

This might help a little.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2661781&highlight=aarp+rewards+for+good

Along with the quizzes, there is a place where you can link your fitbit. I already had all of my badges when I signed up and it automatically gave me all of the points.

Thanks christyran1228-

Oh my gosh, I just signed up (didn't join as member, maybe I should?) but I linked my Fitbit and now have 11,900 points!

I did a couple of the quizzes to see what that was about.

Okay, so I saw the Carnival Gift Cards:

It says $100 for $90 (after 1,000 points)

Does that mean they take 1,000 points away when I purchase the card and basically I'm saving $10 on $100?

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks christyran1228-

Oh my gosh, I just signed up (didn't join as member, maybe I should?) but I linked my Fitbit and now have 11,900 points!

Does that mean they take 1,000 points away when I purchase the card and basically I'm saving $10 on $100?

Yes.

And you can purchase a $500 GC for $450 and 5,000 points. We paid our entire cruise with four $500s and a few $100s. Saved hundreds.

Thanks christyran1228-

You're welcome :)

Yes ... I'm about to pay for gratuities & Cheers for $90 less with the gift cards, and I'll probably get some for our onboard account, too. :cool:

Great! I'm going to try and do the same!

I just paid for an excursion (Cabana on HMC) that was $318 using a credit card.

Do the cards work online for things like that too?

(I feel like I hijacked this post. I will start a new thread with any other questions, sorry)

Thank you!

Looks like we're awaiting restock on the $100 cards. Dangit!

Side story: I'm using this cruise as a motivational tool to help me quit smoking. Every time I reach $90 in money not spent, I'm buying a $100 gift card. I booked my next cruise for December 2019, and intend to have the cruise, cheers package, and a couple of excursions paid off all by not smoking.

I've got an app that shows me my up to date progress on that - I'm at $105 right now, and I *really* want to buy that card as my reward for sticking with it.

So I'm crabby, and impatient, and thank you for letting me vent.

• Like 1

Don, that's great you are going to quit smoking. Also a great idea using the saved money towards a cruise!

I saw the $100 cards online yesterday. I probably should have bought a couple but not sure yet how I apply them to cruise purchases.

I saw the $100 cards online yesterday. I probably should have bought a couple but not sure yet how I apply them to cruise purchases.

It's essentially just like a credit card purchase - they come with a card number, PIN and you just type it straight on into the order payment screens just like a regular card. Easy peasy. Last time, we used them to pay for our cheers package, and put some into cruise cash for gratuity and incidentals. It was GLORIOUS to not worry about anything.

I just signed up for the rewards, and searched for Carnival Gift Cards, but nothing shows up. Seems like a very twitchy web site, too. Can someone point me to where the cards are?

click on "Rewards for Good" at the top, the click on "Step 3: Treat Yourself!" (View Rewards Catalog), then at the top of the page search "carnival".

All that's available right now are the $450/500 cards

click on "Rewards for Good" at the top, the click on "Step 3: Treat Yourself!" (View Rewards Catalog), then at the top of the page search "carnival".

All that's available right now are the $450/500 cards

Thanks. Now that I have found it and see that it can be used to pay for the cruise, Can it be used over the phone to pay for it through a TA or do you have to book direct with CCL?