Muster drill using scooter

Jnemo

Yes. And once you check in, you will probably be redirected to a "special needs" area for the drill, depending on the line. If the muster station is inside no issues at all.

Thank you so much. I was reading a tread on Facebook and they were talking about being outside and how long you have to stand waiting. I do not stand very well any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first ever cruise. Will I be able to use the scooter to get to and from and seat for the drill?

there will be a special section along the deck for scooters. just make sure you check in with your muster station and be recorded. alternatively, use the special needs muster station( typically the theater ) just be aware that there is not a whole lotta space to park one there

there will be a special section along the deck for scooters. just make sure you check in with your muster station and be recorded. alternatively, use the special needs muster station( typically the theater ) just be aware that there is not a whole lotta space to park one there

Each cruise line is different. We were just off Adventure of the Seas and our muster station was outside with the rest of the folks (no special area). My sister simply stayed in her scooter the whole time. When muster was over, they did allow us to leave first :)

On other cruises (and different cruise lines) we've been in special accessible muster stations or regular muster stations. Each cruise has been different.

Our first ever cruise. Will I be able to use the scooter to get to and from and seat for the drill?

Things may have changed in recent years, but shortly before muster, crew members direct pax to use stairs to get to your station, no elevator service. Most likely to simulate actual conditions. As a rule, folks with mobility issues are allowed to use elevators. But the "lemming effect" kicks in and a heard of people head for the open doors. Since muster is at a set time, we head for that deck 30 minutes early, get a drink if possible and set up shop with a book.

• Like 1

It can vary by line/ship. Holland America typically has passengers report to their lifeboat stations. NCL typically has folks report to an inside venue and attendance is checked there

From a preparedness perspective, I much prefer reporting to the actual lifeboat station. It’s a better simulation of what might be required in an actual emergency.