On the countdown ! Starting my review early

Newmrsvega

T-6 days ! My DH will be boarding the Vista out of Galveston on Monday October 1st! We are in balcony 6448 😁

I finalized all our packing today (minus the last minute only things) and double checked I had everything.. I’m a little OCD about that

We live 3 hours from the port but we are gonna start our vacation a day early by staying at the Harbor House Sunday night ! I’m such a planner I’ve even been looking at restaurants.. as of today I think 🤔 Brews Brothers for lunch and Mama Teresa’s flying pizza for dinner !

Planning on leaving our car at the hotel for the week ..

Hey, looking forward to your review, both pre and post! We will be on the Vista in February so are very interested in what you share with us. We really enjoyed the Breeze so here's to the Vista being a great addition to Galveston!

Questions:

1. Would like to know how the wifi is. It was fair at best on the Breeze the last time we sailed, I've read it is better on the Vista.

2. Can you walk around the ship on deck 5? With the Havana area in the aft section didn't know if it was blocked. We like to walk laps.

3. I'll think of others and ask here ~ Thanks!

Edited by Gumbo4Life
Added questions :)

Looking forward to reading your review! Including your pre-cruise activities. We will be cruising on the Vista out of Galveston next year. It will be our first time cruising out of that port, so I will be looking for restaurant and hotel recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be on the Vista next Sunday...she sails the 30th :)

Sent from my KFDOWI using Forums mobile app

Sent from my KFDOWI using Forums mobile app

T-6 days ! My DH will be boarding the Vista out of Galveston on Monday October 1st! We are in balcony 6448 😁

I finalized all our packing today (minus the last minute only things) and double checked I had everything.. I’m a little OCD about that

We live 3 hours from the port but we are gonna start our vacation a day early by staying at the Harbor House Sunday night ! I’m such a planner I’ve even been looking at restaurants.. as of today I think 🤔 Brews Brothers for lunch and Mama Teresa’s flying pizza for dinner !

Please double check your dates. The Vista sailed out of Galveston today Sunday, Sep 23rd on a 7 dy to the Western Caribbean. It will be back next Sunday, Sep 30th (not Oct 1st as stated in your post.) I and 730 some folks in our social media group sure do not want to sail without you.

I sure hope you mean the Valor, the Vista leaves on Sunday, September 30th.

Looking forward to your review. Sisters and I will be on the Vista in April. Have a great time! If you are coming down 45, curious to hear your experience. One sister is in DFW, I'm in Colorado, so I'll fly down and drive with her, I expect. Still up in the air.

T-6 days ! My DH will be boarding the Vista out of Galveston on Monday October 1st! We are in balcony 6448

We live 3 hours from the port but we are gonna start our vacation a day early by staying at the Harbor House Sunday night ! I’m such a planner I’ve even been looking at restaurants.. as of today I think Brews Brothers for lunch and Mama Teresa’s flying pizza for dinner !

The Vista sails out of Galveston on Sunday Sep 30, not Monday October 1...

Edit: Haha! I didnt realize so many other people had already said the same thing I did!

Hey, looking forward to your review, both pre and post! We will be on the Vista in February so are very interested in what you share with us. We really enjoyed the Breeze so here's to the Vista being a great addition to Galveston!

Questions:

1. Would like to know how the wifi is. It was fair at best on the Breeze the last time we sailed, I've read it is better on the Vista.

2. Can you walk around the ship on deck 5? With the Havana area in the aft section didn't know if it was blocked. We like to walk laps.

3. I'll think of others and ask here ~ Thanks!

we were on the Vista last summer out of Miami and could not walk the whole way around the ship on deck 5...needed a key card on both sides where the Havana starts....after 7 you can access the Havana area by going through the bar

Much better. Vista or valor , you are cruising and should be very excited! I love the valor and cruising her again thanksgiving day. We cruised valor on that same trip last year, October 2, my birthday, leaving Monday thru Saturday. Had a blast, we didn’t do balcony though. We are cruising this Saturday sept 29 on the freedom in an aft balcony and I will try to do a review. Come back and let us know how everything went.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok... after figuring out what cruise and where I'm gonna be at on the cruise I might be on .. LOL :) I managed to rip off my thumb nail in the car door last night... but it's ok I'm cruising in 4 days so all is good right now! I just finalized my on board treats! My first cruise I didn't do anything like that but I'm tying to surprise my DH since it's our first anniversary. So I got the stateroom Happy Anniversary decorations, a 12 pack of water just to have in the room (DH is a picky water drinker.. how can anyone be a picky water drinker lol smh) and a fruit wine basket for a treat on the 2nd day. I will have pictures of all on my cruise review.

Today is to take our dogs the groomer so that they are good to go to their visit to big brothers house while mom and dad are gone LOL... oh and can't forget to go to the cleaners to pick up my dress i had steamed pressed for formal night ... :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Well off to a Wednesday of bliss starting the finalizing of handing off at work (I'm a director of nursing so have to have staffing and such all in line) and that in itself will take the final 3 days at work ..

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

Ok... after figuring out what cruise and where I'm gonna be at on the cruise I might be on .. LOL :) I managed to rip off my thumb nail in the car door last night... but it's ok I'm cruising in 4 days so all is good right now! I just finalized my on board treats! My first cruise I didn't do anything like that but I'm tying to surprise my DH since it's our first anniversary. So I got the stateroom Happy Anniversary decorations, a 12 pack of water just to have in the room (DH is a picky water drinker.. how can anyone be a picky water drinker lol smh) and a fruit wine basket for a treat on the 2nd day. I will have pictures of all on my cruise review.

Today is to take our dogs the groomer so that they are good to go to their visit to big brothers house while mom and dad are gone LOL... oh and can't forget to go to the cleaners to pick up my dress i had steamed pressed for formal night ... :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Well off to a Wednesday of bliss starting the finalizing of handing off at work (I'm a director of nursing so have to have staffing and such all in line) and that in itself will take the final 3 days at work ..

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

I love the pre cruise excitement!! I wish I just lived a few hours drive away from a port, I would cruise several times a year!

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about all your great adventures.

I love the pre cruise excitement!! I wish I just lived a few hours drive away from a port, I would cruise several times a year!

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about all your great adventures.

I agree! I’d be cruising a lot more than once a year if I lived that close! Flying brings our vacation costs up too high.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our bags are packed ...I’m ready to go ... only hiccup is I suffer from major depression with anxiety and due to some circumstances at work yesterday I’m in full blown panic mode ... I pray my mind will still so I can truly enjoy this cruise!

This disease is horrible

T-3 hours!! Yesterday we got into Galveston about 11:30 and checked into our hotel (The Harbor House). We are in room 228. **pictures will be posted when we get back from our cruise**. I would rate this room an 8.5/10. Large King bed, amazing shower and the bathroom amenities were top notch to. Check in was easy. For Sunday night room was $124 (that included taxes). We will be leaving our car here for the week. The total cost for leaving the car here is $77.

We walked around the area and felt very safe. Lots of tourists in the area, but also lots of locals as the Shrimp festival was going on. We ate lunch at the Shark Shack. DH had the Texas BBQ burger ($10.50) included fries. He rated the burger an 8/10 and fries 10/10. I had the killer Queso (7.00) and salsa. Very good as well. Sunday is happy hour all day. So drinks and appetizers $1 off. Great friendly staff. Met an amazing local gentleman there and talked about hurricanes!

I had forgot to buy a lanyard for us and had stopped at several gift shops on the way with no luck. The manager suggested the shop across the street. Bingo!!.. 2 lanyards for $10 at the Dolphin Dock 2.

We then came back to the pier and had a cocktail and desert at the Olympia to watch the Vista and the Liberty of the Seas launch. Great desert, but very expensive. I had 1 drink and 1 beer, DH had chocolate desert and a root beer and the bill was $34 . For some it wouldn't matter, but we are on a budget for this cruise. So just being transparent for those who are cruising on a budget like we are.

Well time to get ready to head to the ship! I can't be late for our date with Valor :)