Booking Excursions

Stmar

You have to pay for the excursion when you book it. So if you do online you can book and pay all at once if you have everyones booking numbers. They wont charge their account... you use gift card or credit card precruise.

You have to pay for the excursion when you book it. So if you do online you can book and pay all at once if you have everyones booking numbers. They wont charge their account... you use gift card or credit card precruise.

So what you are saying is that if we book pre cruise I would have to put the entire amount on my credit card if we want to make sure we are together on the excursion?

So what you are saying is that if we book pre cruise I would have to put the entire amount on my credit card if we want to make sure we are together on the excursion?

Im not sure how booking it ahead of time means you will all be together more than booking it once aboard, but yes if you book prior to boarding you will be billed immediately.

I actually clicked something to book accidently and it didnt charge my card, it showed as a balance owing that would have to be paid prior to boarding, or the booking would be cancelled.

When you book an excursion, you get an envelope with tickets in your cabin, with instructions where to meet for the excursion, usually the theater. Generally there will be multiple busloads of guests, so when you go to the theater, get enough stickers for the group. When they call that sticker number/letter, you go together. EM

No, I'm sure your friend has internet and a telephone. As someone else said, they give you a ticket. I would book privately, they do not charge you until you arrive for your excursion. Most of the reputable companies have full refund policies. Check shoreexcursioner.com

We sailed with friends earlier this year & booked all our & their excursions to put on my CCL credit card and get 10% off. They just wrote us a check. However, in the past, we have just gotten together by phone, each logged in & booked excursions for the same time (if multiple times were offered). Any time I have ever booked online with CCL, I've not been offered the option of paying once on board - it has always asked for a credit card. I know Princess allows you to wait & pay on board. Maybe CCL is changing as well Firefly?

Our experiences booking with local guides have all been good and they all allowed us to book in advance online & pay upon arrival. But, do your research in the Ports of Call section - there's lots of good tour recommendations out there. Also check trip advisor.

We sailed with friends earlier this year & booked all our & their excursions to put on my CCL credit card and get 10% off. They just wrote us a check. However, in the past, we have just gotten together by phone, each logged in & booked excursions for the same time (if multiple times were offered). Any time I have ever booked online with CCL, I've not been offered the option of paying once on board - it has always asked for a credit card. I know Princess allows you to wait & pay on board. Maybe CCL is changing as well Firefly?

I think you misread something. I never said you could book ahead of time and pay once onboard.

I said just the opposite, that i clicked to book something accidently and then it showed a balance owed, maybe it would have charged my credit card later idk, but after i clicked my booking said balance owed.

how did you read into that that i said you can wait and pay onboard? I said you could NOT board with a balance owed.

i called customer service and had it removed, so i cant say it would eventually just have charged me or not.

I do wait to book excursions from carnival until im onboard. every time.

When you book an excursion, you get an envelope with tickets in your cabin, with instructions where to meet for the excursion, usually the theater. Generally there will be multiple busloads of guests, so when you go to the theater, get enough stickers for the group. When they call that sticker number/letter, you go together. EM

just do this

it is slightly possible a excursion sells out, but generally you can just book once onboard and do the above to stay together.