Sensation vs Victory

pls5286

Hubby and I are looking into a Dec cruise. Which ship would you choose and why. Both ships have the same itinerary, Key West and Cozumel and price is close to one another. The only Sensation cruise I had was a shortened hurricane cruise, so it was really messed up.

Hubby and I are looking into a Dec cruise. Which ship would you choose and why. Both ships have the same itinerary, Key West and Cozumel and price is close to one another. The only Sensation cruise I had was a shortened hurricane cruise, so it was really messed up.

Victory, good ship for shorter cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither, 2 old clunkers.

Neither, 2 old clunkers.

I disagree 100%. I cruised on Victory earlier this month and had a great time. The show lounges on Victory are vastly superior to the show lounges on Vista and Horizon. Victory doesn’t have any speciality restaurants like the newer class ships, but she is still a fun ship to cruise on.

I disagree 100%. I cruised on Victory earlier this month and had a great time. The show lounges on Victory are vastly superior to the show lounges on Vista and Horizon. Victory doesn’t have any speciality restaurants like the newer class ships, but she is still a fun ship to cruise on.

That was a typical hit and run Riclop useless post. Just ignore it. He never says anything with more than 4 words and the posts are usually anti Carnival and pointless.

Victory hands down. Newer, nicer and bigger ship. However, you will have a good time on either ship.

Thanks for this. We've been on the Sensation before, and have Victory planned for December of 2019. Things are, well, pretty bad for us right now. The thought of this cruise, this ship, it's what's keeping me vertical.

Thanks for this. We've been on the Sensation before, and have Victory planned for December of 2019. Things are, well, pretty bad for us right now. The thought of this cruise, this ship, it's what's keeping me vertical.

Enjoy your cruise! It sounds like you deserve a nice vacation.

I hope things get better for you.

Victory. In fact just a few weeks ago I intentionally changed our cruise to the Victory from the Sensation. I've been on the Victory twice and loved it. I compared the size and amenities and it seemed Victory was the winner. I also saw too many reviews on the Sensation (I know I know - take them with a grain of salt) that left me uneasy. I mean being the cheap skate I am, I paid $100 to change so that tells you something. LOL!

That ugly piano bar with the hands gave me the creeps too. Nope I'm going back to the beautiful Victory. Counting the days til I'm on that fabulous Serenity Deck!

I'd choose Sensation personally, but only because I don't like the Destiny/Triumph/Victory class ships. Yes, they are larger, but they are also more crowded, and I don't like the layout of the lido deck. Victory's theme is a little easier on the eyes than some of the other ships of the era, but I'll still take a Fantasy class ship over one of the Victory any day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on Sensation twice. Once on a girls trip and then once with my husband, son and his best friend. We had an absolute blast. However, I have since been on the Victory on a mother-son cruise and prefer the Victory only because it has a few more options such as the Dive In Movies and the water slide I think was nicer. I am going on the Victory again this November with my family. Each night, I like to wind down with a movie on deck even if I have seen it previously. Plus its another good option on Sea Days, while I'm in the pool or the hot tub I can watch a movie. Even if it is chilly at night they hand out blankets and popcorn and you can still comfortably enjoy the movie outdoors. Victory also has Guy's Burgers, Seafood Shack, Blue Iguana and a couple of other eateries that Sensation did not have. I have enjoyed all of my cruises on Carnival regardless of the class of ship. I do wish it had its very own Steakhouse as does the Liberty which I think is a fantastic option. Shows are consistent on all classes of ships except for the new ships which have in my opinion smaller venues.

Depends on if you prefer balcony or no. There are a lot more balcony rooms on a ship like Victory. On the Fantasy class ships like Sensation there are much fewer balcony rooms. If you like interior rooms then no difference. Have been on both and I like the smaller Fantasy class ships.

I have been on Sensation twice. Once on a girls trip and then once with my husband, son and his best friend. We had an absolute blast. However, I have since been on the Victory on a mother-son cruise and prefer the Victory only because it has a few more options such as the Dive In Movies and the water slide I think was nicer. I am going on the Victory again this November with my family. Each night, I like to wind down with a movie on deck even if I have seen it previously. Plus its another good option on Sea Days, while I'm in the pool or the hot tub I can watch a movie. Even if it is chilly at night they hand out blankets and popcorn and you can still comfortably enjoy the movie outdoors. Victory also has Guy's Burgers, Seafood Shack, Blue Iguana and a couple of other eateries that Sensation did not have. I have enjoyed all of my cruises on Carnival regardless of the class of ship. I do wish it had its very own Steakhouse as does the Liberty which I think is a fantastic option. Shows are consistent on all classes of ships except for the new ships which have in my opinion smaller venues.

Sensation has Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana now

I'll take the old clunkers any day of the week and twice on Sundays. The Vista class is a disappointment it lacks the WOW factor and too cut up no with flow at all

I agree 100%. It’s not like I wouldn’t cruise on them, but Vista class ships are a big disappointment in my book. I would much rather cruise on a Dream class or Conquest class ship.

DH and I have been on both ships - and each has its pros and cons. The one think I liked most about the Sensation is that it has the open deck behind the buffet area. You can literally sit out there and enjoy the sun and the ocean passing by - the Victory does not have the "open area" at the back of the deck to just sit and see the ocean. They also have tables and chairs on side of the boat to eat at which is another plus as it is right on the water.

As a previous writer indicated Victory has lots more individual items to do and enjoy but in my opinion very limited outside seating areas. Most are inside and you are looking out windows all the time.

Either way the food was great and the trip will be awesome - so enjoy whichever one you decide! :cool: