Carnival Splendor Live 9/29/18

nursewurmy

Hello my name is Becky and my DH and I will be on this cruise and I will try to post live from the ship. I hope to answer any questions as the internet allows. I will scan the fun times when I return. My husband and I will be traveling for our 20th anniversary celebration and my DH's birthday. This was a last minute cruise and we are very excited to be in an Ocean Suite. A couple of perspectives that we will bring to the review is: 1. This is my husbands first cruise on Carnival and my second (this is my 18th cruise and my husband's 16th) 2. I have a couple of food issues (I have to be gluten free and I had weight loss surgery 6 months ago so high protein is important and I take in very little food at at time) 3. We live in Western Alaska in a small village of 400 on the Bering Sea. Our village can only be accessed by a small bush plane twice a day or 3 months out of the year a small boat if the water is open. I am the village medical provider. It gets below -85 wind chill here most of the winter and only in the 70s in the summer so the heat is a little concerning although I long to be somewhere warm. We start our journey on the morning bush flight at 10 am. We will be doing some pre and post cruise fun things: restaurants, glen ivy hot springs (mud spa), Pirate Dinner Show, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, a comedy/cirque dinner show and hopefully lots of rest. It has been a long month. I have seen over 250 kids in my 4 villages for sports clearance, traveled to all four of my villages (including Little Diomede a small island 2.8 miles from Russia that I must go by helicopter). I am exhausted and ready for some fun. SO let the fun begin!!

Wow, you lead an amazing (and exhausting) Life. I have a daughter who used to live in Fairbanks and the one time I visited her (when she got married) there was a heatwave and it was in the mid 90's! I am looking forward to your review as my hubby and I will be on her in Jan. bound for Hawaii!

Wow, you lead an amazing (and exhausting) Life. I have a daughter who used to live in Fairbanks and the one time I visited her (when she got married) there was a heatwave and it was in the mid 90's! I am looking forward to your review as my hubby and I will be on her in Jan. bound for Hawaii!

It is exhausting. I am on call 24/7 when I am in the village so leaving for 2 weeks is a very good thing.