Booking Flights

Kimberlyk1977

We will be flying into Orlando on 3/29 which is a Friday from Detroit and going on the Carnival Breeze on 3/30. We will fly back to Detroit on Saturday 4/6.

When is the best time to book airfare? The cheapest non stop flight that I am seeing is $512 with Delta to Orlando and Frontier to Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a busy time to fly to Orlando with lots of schools on spring break during March and April. I'd not expect prices to go down. You can play around a little with dates and with trying one way flights to see if doing that gets the price down at all but $500 ish round trip seems like a normal price to me for that sort of flight.

We will be flying into Orlando on 3/29 which is a Friday from Detroit and going on the Carnival Breeze on 3/30. We will fly back to Detroit on Saturday 4/6.

When is the best time to book airfare? The cheapest non stop flight that I am seeing is $512 with Delta to Orlando and Frontier to Detroit.

Hi

My initial thoughts are that I would typically be look at flights at the same time as the cruise itself. In other words I would not book a cruise that did not have convenient flights available, and in your case quite expensive flights. So, if it is not too late, certainly consider cruises out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

If this is not possible then there are still some options, if you are trying to save money.

I fly south from Detroit, just because of convenience, as well. I would look at prices offered by Spirit airlines. You won't be able to check until next month for price on the return flight. I know a lot of people badmouth that airline, but I have never had a significant issues with them. If you are flexible with your dates, you can save quite a bit. Search for pricing on their website.

No matter which airline you are considering, I would also check pricing for flights to Tampa, Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, and even Fort Lauderdale. Thinking that Orlando airport is already a 45 min. drive to the port, the extra distance might not be considered too bad. Especially if you are going a day or two early you might combine the cruise with some other land activities. One way car rentals are very easy (and inexpensive), as well as very convenient to the cruise port.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

We prefer to fly Southwest but the past couple cruises we haven’t wanted a three hour drive home from the airport in our state Southwest flies out of.

Try giving Carnival a call to book airfare. We got a great deal on our April cruise on flights through them. Way cheaper than we could find anywhere online. We also booked through them for our upcoming January cruise and got a great deal.

Too early, flights prices will come down on Delta around the 90 day mark. I live in the Detroit area and usually fly Delta. $512 is way to high for a non-stop round trip flight. It should come down closer to the $300 mark. We fly out of Detroit on 3/26 to Miami one way and I already got one way tickets for 4 for $171 non stop on American. Keep checking multiple airlines with one way flights back and forth if need be.

Too early, flights prices will come down on Delta around the 90 day mark.

This is not a thing.

There is no guaranteed best time to buy otherwise everyone would just book then! You can draw conclusions from a handful of experiences but that doesn't mean prices *will* drop at 90 days.

Flights on Delta the day after each of yours are $676 right now. Last year, a few weeks before those dates, some flights were close to a $1,000. It is early, but if you want certain flights on certain days, then you have to do it. It would seem that as less seats are available then the cost would rise.

When is the best time to book airfare?
Every time this question is asked, there is only one decent answer: When it's cheap.

When that is will be different from route to route, month to month, date to date, and flight to flight. Anyone who suggests "90 days out" or "7-8 weeks out" as a rule will simply guarantee that some people will be disappointed by that advice.

The trick is always to know when a price is a cheap price that's worth booking. That takes work and research, and it involves investing time and energy.

There is no magic formula that guarantees that prices will be at their lowest X number of days prior. Prices are fluid and change constantly in response to changing market conditions, sales levels, etc. Think about it: if it was true that prices are always lowest X number of days out, then everyone would book then. As a result the airlines would see a HUGE jump in demand at the T minus X, and you know what they'd do when that happened, as a response to the huge demand? They'd jack the prices sky high.

All that said, when traveling at a peak holiday time, which would include the period of spring break, there seems to be less up and down with prices; they tend to just go up as more and more people make their vacation plans and book airfare (i.e. contribute to an increase in demand, which drives prices up)