Status Match

soloadventurer

All very simple done in 24hrs now a proud Black member :cool:

In my case it took 6 years and 10 cruises to get black cards for both me and my DW.

Proud to have a REAL black card in a presentation box along with a gold pin.

P1020494B.jpg

In my case it took 6 years and 10 cruises to get black cards for both me and my DW.

Proud to have a REAL black card in a presentation box along with a gold pin.

Don't you have any Black pins, Pete? We've several at this stage as Cruise Consultants keeping giving them to us, even when we tell them we already have some.

ETA I also have the original Black Card - for all the use it is, now.

Don't you have any Black pins, Pete?.

No I wasn't aware that they existed, I just got gold pins, but two designs of them, one which is the

M

SC

Logo and the rest as in the image I posted, the star around the logo

No I wasn't aware that they existed, I just got gold pins, but two designs of them, one which is the

M

SC

Logo and the rest as in the image I posted, the star around the logo

Sorry, Pete. I've just rooted out the 2 we got recently on Orchestra. The pins are gold with the central area being Black with that MSC logo embossed on the top - similar to your photo. That's what I meant by a "Black" pin.

• 1 month later...

We got our black status by screenshotting our Platinum status on NCL and emailing that in. Our black lanyards arrived in the post shortly after, and the letter said that we would get our black cruisecards when we get on board (it will be our first time on MSC). Are there any advantage to having the presentation box and pin? If so, there's one on eBay I could get...

We got our black status by screenshotting our Platinum status on NCL and emailing that in. Our black lanyards arrived in the post shortly after, and the letter said that we would get our black cruisecards when we get on board (it will be our first time on MSC). Are there any advantage to having the presentation box and pin? If so, there's one on eBay I could get...

First time I've heard of anyone getting black lanyards!

Your cruisecard will be a black one and your level will be valid for 3 years after the disembarkation date on the card, unless you cruise again with MSC within the time frame, then the cruisecard on that one will supersede the one you get on your upcoming cruise.

We have several pins at this stage and have absolutely no use for them. There's a chance that the Cruise Consultant onboard will have them, so you could just ask for one when onboard.

Ive known people use a screen print of any RCI loyalty level to go straight in at Black on MSC.

Seems that its easy to edit these screen prints within MS Paint.

I couldn’t really enjoy the benefits of a black card, had I cheated on a status match. Sad to think that anyone would do this. We got a gold card, from our Celebrity Captains Club match, and are more than happy. Now we will work our way up to the Black card.

Bea! Our path's cross again!

...your level will be valid for 3 years after the disembarkation date on the card, unless you cruise again with MSC within the time frame....

Very useful to know that: The black status will disappear after three years if I don't maintain it.Well, i'll just have to make sure I make a 'recency' cruise on MSC every three years then, won't I! As if I needed an excuse to cruise! If I can adjust to MSC on my first cruise with them next month, I've got my eye on a sneaky little Venice/Med with MSC to keep the recency up!

First time I've heard of anyone getting black lanyards!

We think they're a great idea. Quite understated and elegant, but a great way for the crew to quickly identify who they need to focus on. On NCL, we're used to not really being taken seriously* unless we can get a crew-member to scan our card (the cards don't differentiate status by colour) - so we really like MSC's system of black cruisecards for black members. That is VERY impressive. NCL take note!!

(*The crew presume we're someones children - we're a bit younger than the average cruisers!)

Sad to think that anyone would do this.

In my humble opinion, it's worse than sad: it's deception intended to result in personal gain.

...which is also known as 'fraud'. I would really think that MSC would have a more robust verification method. I would happily have given over my username and password to allow them to log into my NCL account and check for themselves. Perhaps someone could suggest that to them?