Windstar call on Anse Mitan

CoralReef

Hi folks,

I have searched the CC and TA Martinique forums for answers to my questions, but most cruises call on Fort de France. I hope that Windstar cruisers who have experienced Anse Mitan may have the answers I seek.

I would like to know if it’s likely that I could hire a driver for the day at Trois Ilets. Or better yet, if someone could recommend a good driver/guide who would make advance arrangements??

Our wishlist includes: La Savane des Esclaves, La Musee de la Pagerie, a hike, snorkeling, and if time permits, Musee de la Canne and walking in Foret Vatable. (Yes, we want a busy day, next day is a sea day.)

I would like to avoid renting a car, hence the request for driver info. Any advice, tips, or recommendations from you seasoned Windstar cruisers?

We stop at Anse Mitan twice as we are on a B2B 14 day cruise. Thanks for posting your ideas. Now I am looking for a driver as well. I have been scouring the web but not come up with anything yet. I checked the Trip Advisor Anse Mitan / Martinique travel forum but I believe you also posted something there.

BlindCreek,

I just received a recommendation on TA for Kalonji Tours & Taxi. He seems to be based NE of Fort de France, but does tours to the SW. Has some rave reviews.

Looks like Facebook is the best way to reach him. I will contact him and let you know if I hear anything encouraging.

We won't be spending 400 E.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

+1 on that. Not sure what the going rate is in Martinique/Anse Mitan since we didn't hire one there, but in St. Barts, where the prices are much higher in general, 6 of us hired a taxi van on the spot for a 1.5 hour ride/tour around the island for $90 US total.

• 2 weeks later...
Taxis seemed to be nonexistent when we were there last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same B2B leaving on Jan 13 from Bridgetown. Assume you were also on that itinerary on Windsurf. Stopping in Anse Mitan on the 14th and 25th. What did you end up doing there, if you can provide any recommendations.

We are on the same B2B leaving on Jan 13 from Bridgetown. Assume you were also on that itinerary on Windsurf. Stopping in Anse Mitan on the 14th and 25th. What did you end up doing there, if you can provide any recommendations.

Anse Mitan was our least favourite stop. The beach is just okay. We walked into the little town both times for wifi access. First we went the the Marina and the second time to a little restaurant in Creole Village called Havana Cafe. Havana Cafe had great food - the fresh fish dishes looked exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
So, I did finally connect with two guides who are willing to do private tours from Anse Mitan for a reasonable price. Brandon - barronb306@gmail.com, & Meri - anolitours@gmail.com. Both were very accommodating.

Hope this helps someone!

We were on the Nov 23 sailing. Rented a car and headed to Les Saline’s beach. Very beautiful half moon bay, great swimming. Be very careful renting, do the full walk around take pictures and check gas. We had a rental that happened to be the only one with a piece of metal stripping on the bumper. Conveniently fell off very easily on return. We had accident coverage so no problem, but we thought it was a scam .

@Briansbrain,

Very interesting! Thanks for posting.

@Riverroad,

Plan is to visit Maison de la Canne, Savane des Esclaves, Musee de la Pagerie, lunch at a French style bakery, snorkeling at Anse Dufour, and Le Diamant lookout.

I also found some great hikes in a book, but I don’t think we’ll have time to do them.

Both guides I talked to can arrange any of these places. Also, I believe you could easily visit them using a rental car, if you’re comfortable with that.