Hawaii Movie Tour

Salem615

Hi all

Has anyone done either the Roberts Hawaii Movie Tour or NCL's Movie Tour?

If so did you enjoy it? It looks like a nice way to see some pretty sights and a nice way to end our cruise.

If you did Robert's tour was there any worry about getting back to the ship in time? It's cutting it close at 1pm!

I did the Roberts tour on Kauai. No problem getting back to the ship on time.

It was pleasantly cheesy, our guide was a younger woman who acted like she was into it (which helps). We did a lunch stop on the return that was included in the price.

There aren't that many roads on Kauai and for the most part we stuck to the eastern side. Saw the beach where an exterior shot of Gilligan's Island was filmed, a destroyed motel where Elvis like to hang out (Blue Hawaii), the open spaces where parts of Jurassic Park were filmed, they tried a singalong from South Pacific.

Not a bad use of the part day we had left.

I did the Roberts tour on Kauai. No problem getting back to the ship on time.

It was pleasantly cheesy, our guide was a younger woman who acted like she was into it (which helps). We did a lunch stop on the return that was included in the price.

There aren't that many roads on Kauai and for the most part we stuck to the eastern side. Saw the beach where an exterior shot of Gilligan's Island was filmed, a destroyed motel where Elvis like to hang out (Blue Hawaii), the open spaces where parts of Jurassic Park were filmed, they tried a singalong from South Pacific.

Not a bad use of the part day we had left.

Sounds like a nice tour. Did you see any waterfalls?

Sounds like a nice tour. Did you see any waterfalls?

I think we saw Wailua Falls... I had a rental car the day before and drove all over, but I think it was also on the tour.

We did the three-tour package since we were going to do the Road to Hana. We were happy with Roberts. The other one we did was the Volcanoes and Rainbow Falls at Hilo. Actually not very good but they took us where promised. That one didn't include lunch and the guide was not great.

We are doing the Movie tour on our last day. We opted to go with the NCL tour over Roberts because of the early departure time. I'm sure there will be no problem with Roberts but in the event of any unforeseen issues like heavy traffic, accidents, flat tires etc. we feel more comfortable with the ships tour even though it is more expensive.

We are doing the Movie tour on our last day. We opted to go with the NCL tour over Roberts because of the early departure time. I'm sure there will be no problem with Roberts but in the event of any unforeseen issues like heavy traffic, accidents, flat tires etc. we feel more comfortable with the ships tour even though it is more expensive.

That was my only concern as well but Roberts does promise to get you back on time or they will fly you to the next port on their dime. (I do worry about that promise being kept)