First time cruise on Celebrity Reflection in Februarty

JaneAustenCruiser

Mostly checking in as a new community member. Going on my first cruise on the Celebrity Reflection in February to the Caribbean. My user name comes from the fact that my stepmom is very generously paying for this cruise for me since my dad HATES to travel (former 2x Vietnam Vet with PTSD). So I feel like the poor distant relative that acts as the traveling companion for rich, older lady. LOL. Accurate, except for the fact that my stepmom is pretty all around great fun and not the querulous old snoot you usually see in Austen's books;p . My husband is definitely jealous!

Have been reading through all the forum postings and Celebrity-specific forum.

So, since I need to have a specific question here, what is the one thing you would recommend I do to get a full "cruise" experience? She's purchased us the premium beverage package, unlimited internet, shore excursions, etc. We are going with a special interest group (crochet cruise), but there will be plenty of time on our own as well. I'm a runner/active person and am super looking forward to some gym time on a treadmill. I don't run in the winter because a) I live in Michigan and b) I'm not crazy. LOL I would consider myself an adventure traveler and am open to trying pretty much anything once (except base jumping hahahaha).

Thanks in advance and am looking forward to community conversation.

You can also cross post on the Celebrity Cruise Line Forum where other cruisers can share more info with you. Enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity Cruises

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not a forum newbie, so I'm not sure why I didn't think of that! Good advice! :D

Welcome to the world of cruising.

My wife enjoys Jane Austin.

I am going to recommend a few things.

On the first day of the cruise take the time to thoroughly read the program guide that will be in your room. That might sound silly but there is a lot of good information in there and often people don't read it all and wish they did as they discover things that they missed.

The first day is busy but also try to walk the entire ship so you know where things are and it will be a reminder to you about all of the amenities of the ship.

Try out a specialty restaurant so make reservations as soon as you can.

Don't structure each and every day. Let things unfold and just enjoy every minute.

Happy New Year.

Keith

I envy you, as I always take small crochet projects along on a cruise. Since you seem to be health minded, seek out the Aqua Spa cafe by the Solarium pool. And since you mentioned being an adventure traveler, suggest you look into research expeditions with Earthwatch Institute. When I was much younger and could squat where there were no toilets, I did 8 expeditions with them and they were very eye-opening. EM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...