Disembarkation in Vancouver

Texansonboard

Cruiseline is irrelevant. Biggest issue is how many other ships - time varies from not much more than 5 mins from ship to cab line (first people off on any given day, walking past CBSA while handing in your Canadian customs card - for US citizens flying out again this is as token a check as exists since all your stuff if leaving with you). Cab to airport approx 30mins, where if you're lucky with check-in, security, immigration queues you could theoretically be at your gate in another 30 mins.

But if it's a 3 shipper, especially early season with the new hires, and you're among the last folks off the ship you may have to wait over an hour for a cab, then face 2+ hours of queuing at YVR!

Nobody sensible around here recommends a flight before noon, maybe 11am if you are fit enough to do self-disembarkation with all your bags (these are always first groups off the vessels) and roll them to SkyTrain (which, unlike cabs, is always a very consistent <30min travel time to airport - so if cab wait exceeds 10mins it's quicker to walk over to Waterfront Station and take the Canada Line to YVR). If you have Global Entry/NEXUS you could shave off another chunk of time as you'll get into the shorter 'fast track' lines for both security and immigration.

But the best advice is of course to add extra days in Vancouver then book a flight at whatever the heck time you like;-)

YVR is the airport, :)

I've had no problem being at the airport prior to 9:30a a 2 hour window is necessary, so the noon guideline is reasonable- IF you can move along and be organized. A noon flight is still going require you to have an early start.

I always do self walk off and take the light rail. (cheapest option as well :) ) Actually can be the most efficient method, if a busy weekday.

My recommendation is a flight at Noon or later.

How the process will work sometimes depends on how many ships are in port the day you disembark. They don't do too well with three ships in port but much better with one or two.

The process at Vancouver will work pretty much like this. Once you arrive you will check in at the ticket desk, then you will walk your luggage over to another area nearby, then go through security, then go through USA immigration and customs.

As to getting to the airport if there are three ships in port sometimes it is chaotic to get a taxi. In that case walk over to the nearby Pan Pacific Hotel or across the street to the Fairmont to get a taxi. Or take the cruise line bus or arrange private transport.

Again, I would take a flight noon or later so you don't have to be working about this during the cruise.

Keith

Another vote for noon or later.... Vancouver is a great bonus port to explore for a few days....

Here's a possible timeline....

• 7am dock
  • 7:30am first walk offs
  • 8:30am board taxi or subway (takes about 30 minutes to get to airport). If I saw a long cab line on a multi-ship day... I would be doing a 3 or 5 block luggage drag to the Pinnacle hotels to search for a shorter cab line.
  • 9am arrive at airport (YVR) for 3hrs of check-in, luggage, customs and your complimentary searches (hand, body, luggage, carry-on's, liquids, electronics, medications, WMD's, ULU's, NFL's, and the random complimentary VIP secondary experience).
  • noon wheels-up with dreams on returning because you didn't budget enough time at your great bonus port.

• 2 weeks later...
There are only three berths - what day were you looking at?

East side of CP can handle two vessels as long as at least one is small; e.g. on May 13th Silver Explorer is sharing with Radiance of the Seas, then on June 2nd with Golden Princess.