Seaside review: January 13 sailing

Mpls35

Thank you for the review. Could you supply more information about the thermal spa area? Is there a large area with lounge chairs inside the spa for relaxing and reading? Is there a pool inside the spa, or is there only a hot tub? Are there lounge chairs in the outdoor portion of the spa and is there any shade in that area? Many thanks for your help.

There are two areas for lounging inside (other than the salt room); there are 3 heated stone loungers and then three regular loungers, then a second area with maybe 8 loungers. There are probably 12 loungers outdoors, no shade. Jacuzzi tub outside and the large rectangle jacuzzi inside. No pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name=Mpls35;55049824

Which brings me to- Shopping! I like to shop. I didn’t come with high hopes' date=' NCL had practically nothing. MSC had better stuff. Perfume and makeup that seemed to be about what I’d pay on the mainland. A cute clothing store with adorable dresses in the 150ish range. I actually lingered on the Lacoste purses which were in the $60 range. Seaside march was good price if you’re into that- those chocolate ship replicas were $20, my sister got her baby a very cute Chicco brand $10 ship bath toy.

Shopping. Did you see any Italian items to purchase? Before we went on Divina we were told they had beautiful Murano glass necklaces for sale.

We looked and looked (and asked too) and could not find those necklaces.

Anything like that on SEASIDE?

Hmmm. As I mentioned in a previous comment on MSC. IF coffee's that HARD to come by after din-din as well as water WITH meals in the MDR, I'd definitely have second thoughts about MSC. Maybe like another poster here remarked. 'MSC just needs time to adapt to the American market'. Yet, I've read here many who say that this 'European air' might be right up their alley? I guess the old saying goes,' Don't knock it till you try it' fits. After all, MSC IS a multi-cultural cruise ship.

Mac

I don’t think I stressed this enough- I was most surprised by the fact that MSC is indeed a multicultural cruise! It felt like over half were European. I really enjoyed this. I don’t believe I saw a single inebriated hooligan (there were lots on our NCL cruise!!) The food and habits were obviously indicative of Italian culture. They don’t drink coffee with dinner. They don’t eat cereal. The coffee was amazing (I remember NCL’s was inedible!) Pastries were good. Dinner was long.

Just a quick question about the shops.

Did you notice if any of the shops had a decent selection of Lego? We were on the Preziosa in August and the shop had a selection of about 15-20 small and medium sized sets which we thought was pretty good for a cruise ship shop. Our son is turning 8 on our cruise in March and while we're planning to celebrate when we get home it would be nice to be able to purchase something for him to open on the day without having to haul it along. I think you said your son was not a big Lego fan, but I was wondering if you noted the selection onboard.

We already bought the exclusive cruise ship set on our last cruise but we're hoping they might have something he doesn't already own.

Where did you port in Jamaica? We are interested in Blue Hole- so glad you loved it! Sounds like you'd recommend Dr. Fun. We are in Falmouth with RCI. Can I ask what it cost? Thanks!

Just a quick question about the shops.

Did you notice if any of the shops had a decent selection of Lego? We were on the Preziosa in August and the shop had a selection of about 15-20 small and medium sized sets which we thought was pretty good for a cruise ship shop. Our son is turning 8 on our cruise in March and while we're planning to celebrate when we get home it would be nice to be able to purchase something for him to open on the day without having to haul it along. I think you said your son was not a big Lego fan, but I was wondering if you noted the selection onboard.

We already bought the exclusive cruise ship set on our last cruise but we're hoping they might have something he doesn't already own.

Yes I was impressed with the LEGO selection! There was at least that many sets on board in the logo ahop. Someone else’s review said you could “earn” sets in the kids club by completing different activities; don’t know how that works.

Where did you port in Jamaica? We are interested in Blue Hole- so glad you loved it! Sounds like you'd recommend Dr. Fun. We are in Falmouth with RCI. Can I ask what it cost? Thanks!

We docked at Ocho Rios. Dr Fun is your guy!! He and his two helpers were the absolute best. It was $50 per person. Best thing we did all week by far. It’s not for the faint of heart- you have to be able to walk up the falls. They helped me a lot. Many times they would just pick my son up and carry him (he’s 10 and not very agile). Wear shoes that will not come off! I had a lot of issues with my Sandals coming off whenever I jumped.

Sounds awesome! We're with our 17 and 18 y/o spring breakers who are looking for adventure. Sounds like you found it!!! Thanks for the referral!!

We docked at Ocho Rios. Dr Fun is your guy!! He and his two helpers were the absolute best. It was $50 per person. Best thing we did all week by far. It’s not for the faint of heart- you have to be able to walk up the falls. They helped me a lot. Many times they would just pick my son up and carry him (he’s 10 and not very agile). Wear shoes that will not come off! I had a lot of issues with my Sandals coming off whenever I jumped.

Thanks so much for this! We're still discussing whether to do the Blue Hole partly because we've waited so late the first tour we had thought we might do is filled up.

quote=Vacationdreamer<><;55051596]This is great. Thank you.

I knew about the coffee bit from a book I just read, but the rest is fun cultural stuff I never knew. TBH I don’t drink any beverages with dinner, normally, though it’s common for the other seven members of my family will drink the better part of a gallon of milk with dinner.

I can’t wait to hear you trip report. PLEASE come back and tell us!

My biggest concern is how they will handle my son’s food allergies. DCL & NCL were both excellent. It sounds like customer service is a problem and dining has bumps. Sadly these are the two imperative pieces with food allergies...

<><

I will definitely come back to do a review of this cruise. I hope to at least start posting from the ship although we may end up using too much of our data to keep in touch with friends and family.

Thanks so much for this! We're still discussing whether to do the Blue Hole partly because we've waited so late the first tour we had thought we might do is filled up.

quote=Vacationdreamer<><;55051596]This is great. Thank you.

I knew about the coffee bit from a book I just read, but the rest is fun cultural stuff I never knew. TBH I don’t drink any beverages with dinner, normally, though it’s common for the other seven members of my family will drink the better part of a gallon of milk with dinner.

I can’t wait to hear you trip report. PLEASE come back and tell us!

My biggest concern is how they will handle my son’s food allergies. DCL & NCL were both excellent. It sounds like customer service is a problem and dining has bumps. Sadly these are the two imperative pieces with food allergies...

<><

I will definitely come back to do a review of this cruise. I hope to at least start posting from the ship although we may end up using too much of our data to keep in touch with friends and family.

When do you go?

<><

Thank you for the debarkation info. Another question where do you get the 12 drink vouchers that come with the Fantasia Balcony?

Thanks for any info!

They should be put in the room by your cabin steward and you need to sign to show you received them. If they are not there contact your steward immediately. Bob