Carnival okay for daughter and friend for spring break?

ttulipss

So my daughter and her friend are not partiers and not yet 21, but are wanting to do something over spring break and were thinking of going on a cruise and keeping it on the west coast since school is on the west coast. They are considering a 3 or 4 day Carnival and staying on the ship at any Mexico port. My husband and I have only been on RCCL and DCL and have always heard Carnival is the party ship. Thoughts please?

Yeah, they will not be cruising Carnival. This information is easily researchable, but here are a couple of links to help you regarding the minimum age to sail on some of the lines:

https://cruises.affordabletours.com/search/AgeRequirements/

http://www.familytravelnetwork.com/articles/cruise_minimum_age.asp

under 21 their only options are Disney and Cunard. two of the most expensive mainstream lines. and even then, Disney tends to block that during Spring Break times.

any 3-4 day cruise on any line will be a drink all day and night cruise. then you have the issue of West Coast.. not too many cruises period out of the west coast. let alone the short ones.

she needs to rethink her plans.

An alternative cruise line would also include P&O (UK) who generally accept bookings from people of 18 years of age minimum. 21 is considered quite old in comparison to the minimum. They do many cruises ex UK and also Caribbean. Some ships are "Adult Only" where everybody has to be at least 18 years of age i.e. no children. A Mediterranean cruise would be a good mix of educational port calls with a subdued party atmosphere. Shorter cruises are available from 2 days upwards but are more party based. Only a fairly longish break is viable costwise. Not many agents in US book them you need to look into that aspect if interested.

Regards John

You're not likely to find a 3-4 day Cunard cruise in the spring (world cruise season for all ships) nor would it be very attractive for most college students, but note that the drinking age on Cunard outside of US waters is 18 for all itineraries.

• 1 month later...