MSC Meraviglia - Just returned from great cruise. Any questions?

cruiserzockel

I've been using my APP for Months since booking the Cruise, and it's been pretty cool. How exactly does it work while you're onboard? We are from the US, so I will not have my WiFi browser on. I'm just getting the Social package for Facebook, etc......

You did not need an internet package to access the MSC for me App. It worked really well too

There seem to be 2 Cirque shows - can you advise which one you saw and whether it was very 'loud'. Travelling with elderly mother!

We saw Viaggio. I don't recall that it was especially loud (I was travelling with teens tho:)). The music complemented the acts so it all fitted together

Can answer some stuff, we´ve been on the Meraviglia six weeks before.

Yes, "Ethnic corner", but I guess real Indians would not call it authentic, same with Chinese.

Worst idea I ever heard. The pasta on the Meraviglia was best I ever had on a cruise. 8 from 10 pasta dished were just excellent, only their Lasagne still is disappointing and I am not a Gnocchi fan. Really think twice before you skip one pasta dish!

Sure.

I don´t think so, the slides were fine End November.

Yes, I never saw it closed for wind.

Let´s see what cruiserzockel says :)

My partner got told off one day for getting chicken nuggets and chips from the children's station in the buffet :')

Edited by cshim
wrong quote

I've been using my APP for Months since booking the Cruise, and it's been pretty cool. How exactly does it work while you're onboard? We are from the US, so I will not have my WiFi browser on. I'm just getting the Social package for Facebook, etc......

On board you could view the daily schedule, keep track of your onboard account, it had an agenda where you could view your theatre bookings (I guess if you had dinner or spa reservations they would appear here too). Weather and itinerary were also available.

• 2 weeks later...
On board you could view the daily schedule, keep track of your onboard account, it had an agenda where you could view your theatre bookings (I guess if you had dinner or spa reservations they would appear here too). Weather and itinerary were also available.

Does msc app work before boarding, tobook excursions, internet package, etc etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does msc app work before boarding, tobook excursions, internet package, etc etc?

No, prior to boarding you cant use the app to book excursions (although I think you could see what excursions were offered), or book your internet package or make any dining reservations

I willbe traveling this weekend on msc meraviglia— and have following questions -

1. What are the internet packages costs?

2. Which show is better - cirque viaggio or sonor?

We had the most expensive internet package (think it is called "streamer") which cost 69.90€. You could connect 4 devices to this. As there were 4 of us using the one package (including 2 teens:D) we did use it all up by the middle of the week. You could top it up at a cost of 15€ (although I cant remember how much GB or MB this would give you). It seemed to be a good deal and we were going to do this but in the end we didn't as we just used our 4g when in port or near land.

We only saw viaggio so I cant compare the two, sorry. But we all really enjoyed it. Maybe someone else on here has seen both shows and would be able to give you a comparison? I think you may be able to find them on You Tube

and another quickie........does the gym have changing rooms, or are your forced to 'drip' back to your cabin passing all those people who bothered to dress up on elegance night :')

I'm sorry I don't know. Two of our party used the gym but they changed in the cabin. The gym seemed to be busy a lot of the time and I dont remember seeing lots of people dripping back to their cabin:'). Towels for use in the gym and pool are provided in your room.