Where are the ships generally dock in Hiroshima?

thuyronald

Hello everyone,

We'll be visiting Hiroshima on the Celebrity Millennium in October. I've read some where that there's a new port called Itsukachi in addition to the one at Ujina.

Does anyone know where the cruise ship dock in Hiroshima? Specifically the Millennium if you have sailed on it before.

Will there be a shuttle from the dock into town? If yes, where is that drop off point?

I want to visit Miyajima island and see the A dome & Peace Memorial Park and would like to figure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance.

Twee

Hello everyone,

We'll be visiting Hiroshima on the Celebrity Millennium in October. I've read some where that there's a new port called Itsukachi in addition to the one at Ujina.

Does anyone know where the cruise ship dock in Hiroshima? Specifically the Millennium if you have sailed on it before.

Will there be a shuttle from the dock into town? If yes, where is that drop off point?

I want to visit Miyajima island and see the A dome & Peace Memorial Park and would like to figure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance.

Twee

Ujina is mainly used for small to medium-sized cruise ships and ferries. Itsukaichi is the berth used for larger cruise ships like the CM. Typically, free shuttle bus service is available from the port to Itsukaichi station. From there you can take the tram or a JR train to get to the city center in about 20 minutes.

Thank you so much Pacrimheather for that information. I appreciate your help.

Twee

Glad I could help! You can find the location online with Google maps, etc. by copying the name of the pier in Japanese (広島港五日市埠頭) into the search field.

... I want to visit Miyajima island and see the A dome & Peace Memorial Park and would like to figure how to go about it....
We were recently in Hiroshima on another cruiseline and our ship docked at Ujina Pier. I can help you with suggestions for getting to Miyajima and Peace Memorial Park from there.

Shortly after we arrived, we took a taxi to Hiroshima Port (5 min) where we got the SKK high speed ferry to Miyajima (20 min). We made reservations for the ferry in advance but that's not really necessary. We explored Miyajima for 3 hours and then took the Aqua Net World Heritage Ferry for a direct transfer to Peace Memorial Park (45 min). The drop-off point is conveniently located almost at the foot of A-Bomb Dome. Best to purchase your ticket for the return ferry at the booking kiosk as soon as you arrive on Miyajima since the ferries fill fast. We spent 2.5 hours around Peace Memorial Park and then took a taxi back to the pier. Our plan was to take Tram #3 but it started to rain and a taxi was a better choice.

All in all, our plans worked very well and we had an enjoyable but exhausting day!

Thank you MightyQuinn for the detailed information of your visit. I will look into the ferry to the A Dome from the island.

Now, I have the ports of Nagasaki, Kagoshima and Busan to figure out.

Twee

• 7 months later...
I have been to Nagasaki, Kagoshima and Busan many times. If you want to message me with your specific questions, I can direct you to some resources.

info [at] ******************** [dot] com

Hi there, I would love to get more info, but your email was blocked out, hopefully you will see this message.

Heather knows everything worth knowing about Japan and is a wonderful asset to CC.

We were on Diamond Princess in July 2015 when she was the "everything you need to know about Japan" lecturer.

We were again on Diamond Princess in August 2016 and sadly she wasn't on board. Such a huge loss to those cruising Japan.

We love Japan and will never get tired of the beautiful people. Think I am up to about 12 trips but only 2 cruises. We always combine JR pass and a couple of weeks of land travel pre/post cruise.

I wont comment as Heather is the guru of Japan so her info will be 100% accurate.

Heather knows everything worth knowing about Japan and is a wonderful asset to CC.

We were on Diamond Princess in July 2015 when she was the "everything you need to know about Japan" lecturer.

We were again on Diamond Princess in August 2016 and sadly she wasn't on board. Such a huge loss to those cruising Japan.

We love Japan and will never get tired of the beautiful people. Think I am up to about 12 trips but only 2 cruises. We always combine JR pass and a couple of weeks of land travel pre/post cruise.

I wont comment as Heather is the guru of Japan so her info will be 100% accurate.

Tara Jane,

I just saw this post. Thanks for your kind words! I'm still back and forth between the US and Japan focused on assisting passengers cruising in Japan, but I am doing in on my own instead of for a cruise line. Let me know if/when I can ever be of assistance, but I've been following your posts through the years, and you are getting a good command of things in Japan!

• 1 month later...