Kenai Princess Lodge - Land/Cruise Package Transportation

lnmpurdue

Hi Everyone. I love these boards and all the great advice and information.

I am going to be heading back up to Alaska in June of this year but it will be my first time visiting the Kenai Princess Lodge. It sounds like there is no transportation around the lodge besides a shuttle. Is that correct? I am really wanting to go on a bear viewing flight but the excursion is in Soldotna which is about an hour away but I am not seeing any options to make it happen.

Can some just confirm I am better to look at other options through the cruise line?

Thanks everyone!

Hi. We were there several years ago, and yeah, there was no transportation. But the lodge has an excursion desk who may be able to arrange this for you. They arranged a local fishing guide for us, and the guy picked us up at the lodge, drove us to a local store to get fishing licenses, then took us fishing. (We saw a random bear!!! Running across the river we were sighing on, with a huge salmon in his mouth. About 100 yards away... So cool!)

Have you checked the Princess Lodges website? They list their excursions. I think it's something like princesslodges dot-com. Maybe they can arrange this for you, or something similar? Good luck.