M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 8161

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 2A Veranda

AREA: Aft-Port near elevator/stairwell

BED NEAR: Bath facing wall/mirror

QUIET?: No

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Somewhat larger due to angle

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Exhaust vent in shower area is not working properly and they could not fix it. Bathroom vanity, toilet, walls and mirror gets very moist after showering.Water temp in shower is very unreliable, alternating with extreme temps. Toilet water level is very low so had to always add water to use. Stateroom has an upper berth in the ceiling which gets very noisy with high seas/waves. Sofa in room is very worn. Noisy hallway from carts and foot traffic due to upraised metal stripping just outside hallway that gets stepped on/rolled over. Security lock on the veranda door does not latch. Mattress closest to the bathroom was uncomfortable and needs replacing.

Ship: Infinity

Cabin:7108

Deck: #

Class: 2A Balcony

Area/Location: Midship,Starboard

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing, closer to bathroom

Quiet? Yes

BalconyExcellent

Balcony Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments: Loved this location. It is halfway between mid-elevators and front elevators. Inside rooms DO NOT open into hallway. They are located on Port side. This room is small and our suitcases did not fit under the bed causing the room to shrink even more. Storage space was limited also.

• 4 weeks later...

Summit 2014

CABIN #: 9164

DECK #: 9

CLASS: C Accessible

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: We had beds separated - but nearer to Bath

QUIET?: In the evening we had a lot of noise coming from the sunset bar until 12midnight. We also could smell smoke coming down from the bar also.

BALCONY VIEW: AMAZING, perfect view of the wake, was so relaxing & beautiful!

BALCONY SIZE: HUGE - Large Table & 2 Chairs, 2 loungers - Ramp between door & balcony for ease with wheelchair.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No, but it rained for 3 days on and off so we kept the door closed during the downpours.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Didn't notice, rain kept it clean.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The crew was fantastic! Bathroom was large and wheelchair capable since is was an accessible room. You could see down to most of the other cabin's decks if standing on the balcony. I liked the cabin, it was great, but might stay a floor below because of the noise late into the evening since we had very early morning excursions to arise too.

Summit 2017

CABIN #: 6144

DECK 6

CLASS Concierge Class C1

AREA Aft between suites. Aft of the Aft Stairs/Elevator.

BED NEAR On aft wall facing forward

QUIET: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent/Unobstructed. Starboard side near the back of the ship. There is a crew corridor on the forward (left) side of the balcony with a door that can be opened. Sometimes we saw ship crew power washing the balconies - that corridor is their access. Balcony is deeper than usual. We had a table and three chairs. No footstools or recliners.

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems. The stateroom attendant was wonderful and very attentive, as you would expect in the suite area. The cabin sleeps two in regular bed(s) and one in a pull-out loveseat.

• Like 1

Ship: Millennium

Cabin: 8076

Deck: 8

Class: C2

Area/Location: Starboard, Midship

Bed Location / View: Bathroom

Quiet? Yes

Balcony View: Excellent

Balcony Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments: Loved the location as we could easily reach the forward or midship elevators.

• 5 weeks later...

CABIN #: 6135

DECK #: 6

CLASS: C1-Concierge

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes, except when crew would let the door across the hall slam. It was a crew only door

BALCONY VIEW: open, no obstacles

BALCONY SIZE: about 3 times the size of a regular Verandah or Concierge cabin. Located between suites.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Only on the first morning when the crew would let the door slam in the hall across from us. Someone must have complained because it stopped after that. The large balcony was comfortable and the Steward brought a lounge chair for us when we asked. The top of the balcony is covered by a huge canvas so there is complete privacy.

Spreadsheet Updated - 02 December 2017 - up to and including Post #382

Format Update: please use the following fields (copy / paste into your reply) to submit your cabin information

Ship: eg., Millennium, Summit, Infinity, or Constellation

Cabin: ####

Class: eg., Inside, OV, 2A Balcony, AQ1, Sky Suite 2, etc.

Area/Location: eg., Aft-Port; Midship, Forward-Starboard, etc.

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing; Wall-facing

Quiet? Yes, No (if no, use comments field)

Balcony/Porthole View: Obstructed, Good, Excellent, etc.

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard, Large, Oversized, etc.

Wind a Problem? Yes, No (if no, use comments)

Soot a Problem? Yes, No

Problems / Comments: Write Away!

To view the M-Class Spreadsheet: CLICK HERE!

Spreadsheet Updated - 02 December 2017 - up to and including Post #382

Format Update: please use the following fields (copy / paste into your reply) to submit your cabin information

Ship: eg., Millennium, Summit, Infinity, or Constellation

Cabin: ####

Class: eg., Inside, OV, 2A Balcony, AQ1, Sky Suite 2, etc.

Area/Location: eg., Aft-Port; Midship, Forward-Starboard, etc.

Quiet? Yes, No (if no, use comments field)

Balcony/Porthole View: Obstructed, Good, Excellent, etc.

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard, Large, Oversized, etc.

Wind a Problem? Yes, No (if no, use comments)

Soot a Problem? Yes, No

Problems / Comments: Write Away!

Thanks, Heather!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ship: Constellation

Cabin: 9020

Deck: 9

Class: 2B Balcony

Area/Location: Forward-Starboard

Quiet? Yes

Balcony/Porthole View: Good

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No (if no, use comments)

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments: The balcony has an overhang from the deck above so you dont get the sun on the balcony until it is quite low in the sky. The hair salon is above and it seems that at about 07:30 the staff come in (with hob-nailed boots on) so there can be some noise early in morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Ship: Summit

Cabin: 1132

Deck: 11

Class: eg. AQ1

Area/Location: Aft-Starboard

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing; Near bathroom

Quiet? No

Balcony/Porthole View: Good, Excellent

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No, but collected rain water in large puddle in front of door

Problems / Comments: The Rooftop Terrace theater noise is unbearable in this location. My neighbor in 1128 was so upset with the noise in her stateroom that she called Guest Relations several times a night and had security arrive to listen to the noise inside her stateroom, with the slider closed. I wasn't as disturbed within the stateroom, but my balcony became unusable due to the bass thumping so loudly that it actually made the slider frame vibrate and hum. I did complain to Guest Relations because I got fairly upset during a sailaway (a time I love to spend on my balcony with a chilled glass of wine from Cellar Masters). I saw the Comment Card on my vanity and just took the opportunity to express my concerns. They tried everything: housekeeping, security, the production staff. The PROBLEM was one of timing: at the time when I wanted to enjoy the balcony which was usually around 5:00pm, they would start a movie or (even worse) an outdoor concert. The movie made the balcony unbearable, but the concert noise invaded into the stateroom... even with the slider completely closed and locked down. When you can distinctly hear the lyrics, I think it's too loud! I was informed that the speakers were sitting at the edge of the Rooftop Terrace, directly above stateroom 1132. They moved the speakers and turned down the volume, and it was blissful for one day. The next day, apparently someone didn't get the memo, and the noise returned to its former, disturbing volume.

As an AquaClass cruiser, I have always enjoyed the relaxation vibe and tranquillity of the AquaClass accommodations. I am having to question my stateroom selection for deck 11. I am sailing on the Millennium with a sold-out AquaClass situation so I cannot move my stateroom. It is, however, on the Port side and further from the Sunset Bar. So, I will come back here and update a stateroom comment to indicate if the noise level might be better in another location on deck 11.

Just a cautionary tale about the influence of the Rooftop Terrace. The venue began showing movies as early as 11:00am and ended as late as midnight on my recent sailing: December 2017.

Cabin: 9038

Deck: 9

Class: AQ2

Area/Location: Forward-Starboard

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing Miror

Quiet? Yes, No (if no, use comments field): NO! see comments below

Balcony/Porthole View: Slightly obstructed to the right; but great views forward and to the left

Balcony/Porthole Size: oversized - triangular

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments: Pros: loved the cabin, the extra-large balcony (largest on Deck 9 for AQ) and the location (close to Spa, Elevators, Stairs). Cons: the NOISE! ohhhhh the NOISE! there were approx. 500 kids on board with likely 479 of them that were unsupervised. Family Hours in the Solarium were NOT adhered to and quite often we were woken up at 2 am by restless, bored, teenagers using the Solarium as a party room. We called Guest Relations a number of times for security to increase their rounds. Needless to say, we barely slept for almost 2 weeks. At one point, security found that the teenagers had set up their own ping pong table in the solarium using their own equipment and converting the solarium tables into table tennis areas. Who is to blame? Celebrity for not enforcing the rules? Parents for not supervising their kids? in the end, it doesn't matter - we will never take the chance again and book a cabin beneath a public area (in this case, the solarium).

CABIN #: 7138

DECK #: 7

CLASS: CS

AREA: MIDSHIP

BED NEAR: N/A - Separate Room

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Great

BALCONY SIZE: Long and Curved. Not Deep.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: High Step into the Tub is difficult for some. Otherwise, a wonderful spacious cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin: 6146

Floor: 6

Class: S2

Bed: Facing Ocean

Noise: Yes, see comments.

Comments: This cabin had a lot of vibration from the engine which led to a lot of rattling. We had to wedge a towel in the connecting door to the suite next to us to quiet some of the vibration noise. There was also noise coming from the ceiling.

The doorbell from the adjoining suite was very loud, it sounds like it is ringing in this cabin.

The butlers area is in the hall across from this cabin.

This cabin has only one swing open door to the balcony, not a full width of windows. This makes the cabin darker than others. The balcony is a good size with table, 2 chairs and 2 chairs with ottomans. There is an awning to shelter from the sun but no balcony directly above you.

The bathroom is huge, double sink, shower and separate tub. There are 2 medicine cabinets for storage as well as under the sink.

Cabin: 6140

Floor: 6

Class: RS

Bed: Facing Stern

Noise: Nil

Comments: We were delighted with this room, as our first time in a Suite. So much cupboard storage we were in danger of losing things! Lovely balcony, with jacuzzi, great location near aft elevators. Excellent room staff. Enjoyed it so much we have booked another RS (6133) for next cruise.

CABIN #: 6122

CLASS: S2

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: Against the bathroom wall, facing out to the ocean

QUIET?: Yes, though, if you have the balcony door open, there will be a whistle in the walk-in closet area

BALCONY VIEW: Great, no obstructions, life boats are down below

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size, fits a table and two chairs, not loungers

WIND A PROBLEM?: In normal conditions, no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: If you frequent Luminae, the location is great. A short walk to the steps, down two flights and you're there!

• 1 month later...

CABIN #: 6047

CLASS: 2C

AREA: Forward-Port

BED NEAR: Stateroom Door

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Great

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This stateroom was very clean, and was serviced by quick and friendly housekeeping staff. It was located by the elevators which was very convenient. There was some elevator noise at night, but not anything significant nor did it bother me. Since the room was towards the front I did feel some ship movement from time to time. Overall, great stateroom that I would not hesitate to book again.

Edited by LucasLikesCruises

• 1 month later...

millenium

cabin 8091

Deck 8

Class C2

Midship

Bed near bathroom

Very quiet

Balcony unobstructed view, normal size

No wind or sun problems, nice overhang above from deck 9

Great midship location near the midship elevators, cabin condition is poor

After asking for better conditions...got mattress changed, chair replaced, seat cushions on the sagging couch were changed. The cabin needs to be completely updated. I was told that ship is scheduled to be refit in 2019.

• 3 weeks later...

CABIN #: 3144

DECK #: 3

CLASS: 06

AREA: Aft, next to aft elevators, great location and no foot traffic past door

BALCONY/Porthole view: Good, but window gets dirty/salt sea spray

BALCONY/Porthole size: Large round windows

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: First: The aft wall is shared with the galley. Lots of noise at night starting about 1:00 am and on and off until 3:30 am - dishes, metal trays, pots and pans being moved/stacked. Afternoon, it the noise from a commercial ice machine being emptied.

Second: The AC was minimal at best. Ongoing problem all week with April 14-21/18 cruise. We sweated most mornings. Three years ago did not have these issues. Above comments also apply to 3142.

CABIN #: 3142

DECK #: 3

CLASS: 06

AREA: Aft, next to aft elevators, great location and no foot traffic past door

BALCONY/Porthole view: Good, but window gets dirty/salt sea spray

BALCONY/Porthole size: Large round windows

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: First: Lots of noise at night starting about 1:00 am and on and off until 3:30 am - dishes, metal trays, pots and pans being moved/stacked. Afternoon, it the noise from a commercial ice machine being emptied. The sound resonates past cabin 3144 next to this one.

Second: The AC was minimal at best. Ongoing problem all week with April 14-21/18 cruise. The kids sweated most mornings. Three years ago did not have these issues. Above comments also apply to 3144.

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin: 7203

Deck # 7

Class: C1

Area: Aft

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet ? : Very

Balcony View: Excellent view of the beautiful blue wake !

Balcony size: Large , approximately 19ft deep by 11ft across.

Wind a problem : No

Soot a problem: No

Problems/ Comments: No problems . Balcony has 2 loungers with footstools, a large wooden table with 4 chairs. Plenty of shade but you can also get plenty of sun if you like. Great cabin !

Celebrity Infinity

CABIN #: 8146

DECK #: 8

CLASS: ?

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes - only noise was the occasional quiet ding of the elevator

BALCONY VIEW: Great! no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: One side was angled adding extra space

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:This cabin was just before the bump. One side of the balcony was angled which provided some extra space. Near the elevator and stair. Two quick flights up to the center of the Oceanview Cafe - then out the door to the Sunset Bar. Would choose this cabin again.