Pregnant on Board - Zika Concerns

kelikea

To the OP

I would consult my OB.

I would also check with the cruise line about their policy regarding cancellation under your circumstances.

Agreeing with most of the posters here.

Why risk a lifetime of serious health issues for your child because of exposing yourself to Zitka during a Bahamas cruise.

I hope you make a good decision and I wish you much happiness with your baby.

The following is from CDC. Go to the CDC web site for more info on areas at risk:

CDC recommends special precautions for pregnant women.

Pregnant Women Should Not Travel to an Area with Risk of Zika

• Pregnant women should not travel to areas with risk of Zika (i.e., with documented or likely Zika virus transmission).

This is a serious issue. Perhaps you should rely on your physician instead of strangers on a forum (including me).

• 3 weeks later...
I was 20 weeks pregnant when we went on a cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. Zika had JUST emerged. So recently that the first time I had heard of it was as we were getting on the ship and they handed us a flyer about it. Did I mildly freak out while checking in? Yes. Did I go with it and change plans accordingly? Yes. We decided to do our beach day in Cozumel all while I stayed lathered in bug repellent. We also decided to stay on the ship while in Progresso. We had a great time and my OB was completely fine with it.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy yourself. And congratulations on the little one!

Why would your OB have not been 'completely fine' with it? . You had alfeady gone and come home, ,,,,,,,,,, IF you firrst learned of Z ika as you were boarding, your OB couldd not hav e said anything, after the fact. Nothing could be done at that point . ........... You were so fortunate ( I assime) that you and baby were fine. Congrattulations.,

Edited by sail7seas